TripAdvisor
Over Haddon
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews lathkil dale evening meal rooms are small the pub mini bar peak district spectacular views range of beers view from the dining room black pudding breakfast was delicious buffet style staff were friendly and helpful warm welcome pie enjoyed our stay on the small side
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fabulous views from beer garden and restaurant/breakfast room. Cheerful, helpful staff. Evening meal mediocre. Breakfast delicious. Tiny bedroom. Tired decor throughout communal areas of hotel and very cluttered/untidy.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Yes I would It looked so good. All in the right place. It had vacancies and the price was good. I was going to SOOOO enjoy it and if I enjoy then a good review follows. I emailed using the contact from the website. No reply. Some oversight so I forwarded a copy of the first email. Still no reply. OK Third time lucky, I tried again and still no reply and so I cancelled before I started. But then maybe this is company policy and applied throughout. Perhaps you go to the bar for a pint, the barman nods and nothing happens and so on and imagine how hungry you would get if the plan was applied to dinner.
Ah well, a review will follow of the nearest competitor whose booking proceedure was a delight to use.
JF

Room tip: Dont try to book online
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

We were going to the lakes for the weekend and as leaving on a Friday night wanted to stay somewhere on the way . We had been recommended and it certainly met our expectations . We wasn’t going to arrive until 830 and we was aware that the restaurant closed at 8/830. We called them and they very kindly let us pre order our food and had it ready for us. It has a really friendly bar . The hotel rooms are spotless and have extras that so many hotels don’t have anymore . Including hot chocolate and a fully stocked mini bar ! The views are amazing .only a few miles from bakewell too. Definitely worth a visit . Photo was early in the morning as the mist was rising .

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2019

This hotel has expanded significantly since our last visit now offering a large dining rooms and additional overnight accommodation for weary walkers. The views are amazing and the bar offers a good range of beers, cider and wines. Food is predominately of the 'pub' type but wholesome and filling. Pricing is mid range and the staff are attentive and helpful

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019

We had Sunday lunch here on 28 July and the food was really good and not over priced. It was a hot or cold buffet where you could see everything on offer. The service was excellent and the hot buffet was lovely although we were spoilt for choice as the cold buffet looked amazing too. I think the price for a main meal was £10.50 and was well worth that. We didn't have room for a sweet but they all looked appetising. We would highly recommend if anyone is near. It is situated close to Bakewell in Derbyshire. Also the views from the restaurant across the Peak District are awesome!

Date of stay: July 2019