“Tickboxer”
Review of Cowclose Farm

Cowclose Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Cutthorpe B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Barbara (host) e mailed me the day before our visit enquiring what time we would be arriving' I replied around 2pm. We actually turned up at 1 just as Barbara was starting her lunch. Much to our protests she insisted on showing us our room and the house. And that is just typical of the nothing is too much trouble attitude of the hosts. The farm itself is lovey in a real idyllic setting with great views from your room. Across the road is a traditional country pub with a roaring log fire that serves great meals. If your looking for a great place to stay then Cowclose ticks every box.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hatedaftnames

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed for the weekend, in the "Rose Room". We arrived quite late on the Friday night, but were made so welcome with a cup of decent tea and homemade cake! The BB was very friendly, clean and the food was excellent home made traditional English cooking. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Excellent Value For Money!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed in the 3 bed converted barn (The Swallows) over 3 nights with a group of friends to see in the New Year and was very pleased with our stay.
The hosts are very friendly and helpful. The facilities are excellent. The location is great for Bakewell, the Peak District and Chesterfield. There are plenty of walks straight from the farm (helpfully listed in a homemade guide with other useful info) and a country pub just over the road.
I would definitely recommend if you're looking for a good base for exploring the Peak District.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here recently in the Rose Room. We arrived in the evening and had a nice welcome.

The hosts Barbara and Allan were friendly and seemed genuinely so, which makes a nice change - she offered to dry our wet clothes when we came back from a walk and gave us tea and cake in a comforable lounge which was kind.

Our room was clean and had the usual hospitality tray although it would have been nice for there to be two hot chocolates to start with and not just the one for us to share as there was two of us and perhaps to have nicer buscuits (maybe shortcake or shortbread). There is a notice on the tray for you ask for more of anything if you need it. The room temperature was a little cool for me even when turning the temperature up but I expect that's probably due to the size of the room. I enjoyed the hardness of the shower although the ensuite was small.

Breakfast was on a shared table (with one other room) which I now realise I dont really like, so will avoid when staying in future bed and breakfast accommodation, as it feels a little awkward. We had fresh fruit which we both enjoyed and breakfast was nicer for me on the second day when I had my eggs scrambled instead of fried as it was a little overdone the first day but I just cut the edges off. :-)

The property is in a nice location with nice views out the window and we ate at the Gate Inn which is only just across the road - I recommend you eat there - we will probably eat there again next time we're in the area.

In conclusion, this is nice place to stay with friendly hosts - I think you would enjoy staying here :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for three nights with friends.
Faultless,It is all we look for in a B&B.
Great location
Great service
Great Breakfast.

Lovely views from the garden as well

The Pub over the road ( the Gate Inn) is worth a visit too

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We only stayed for one night in the Rose Room, but it was fantastic the room was great with lovely views. We were made to feel very welcome as soon as we arrived, with tea and homemade scones and jam in the garden. Breakfast was great. We would love to go back for longer next time. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at Cowclose Farm. We had a room (Rose Room) upstairs with a US king size bed and attached bathroom. The room was large with lovely linens and everything spotlessly clean. Gorgeous room with beautiful views of the gardens and the farm. Barbara and Allen were very friendly and helpful with several recomendations for dinner. The breakfast was in a downstairs room, often with other visitors which was very nice. Food was delicious. Cowclose is great for touring the Peak District. Actually we had absolutely no complaints and throughly enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbara89

Been to Cowclose Farm? Share your experiences!