“Perfect B&B”

Markham Vale Guest Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duckmanton
Markham Vale Guest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Duckmanton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect B&B”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My parents and I stayed here for one night and sadly we didn't have enough time to spend and truly enjoy this wonderful B&B. The decor is beautiful, the rooms are equipped with everything you could need, the owner, Mike explains everything so you truly feel welcomed and at home. Overall a very accommodating and lovely place to spend the night and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed September 18, 2011

From the location we expected a certain amount of noise from the motorway, we country dwellers slept soundly with the window open, there was nothing to complain about. Mike was welcoming and helpful when we arrived the room very clean and well appointed he booked us a table at a nearby restaurant for the night, and in the morning served an excellent breakfast. What more can you ask for? Yes its modestly priced too!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Relaxationjunkie
Ottershaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I've stayed at Markham Vale on five occasions now and have just booked for the sixth visit! I have a customer in Chesterfield, so the location is perfect. As others have mentioned, the proximity to the M1 is extremely convenient and there is little, if no noise!

The homeliness of Markham Vale is part what is taking me back, week after week. The personal touches in the rooms and public areas, along with the friendliness of Mike, Jo and Kat make me feel at home when I'm away! I travel for business alone and the feeling of comfort and safety is paramount and that's what I get when I'm there.

The breakfasts are fantastic and really nothing is too much trouble! The friendly smile and banter in the kitchen in the morning, sets me up for the day ahead!

I'll be going back for a while...!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic, there's not one that I would say is the best room, they are all bes...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Mike the Owner / Manger, Truly makes this a special Lodge. Upon Arrival he was very freindly and gave us an indepth tour of the property. We had booked 3 of the 4 rooms available and so basically had the run of the lodge. The Lodge is spotless and we couldn't fault it in anyway. Nothing was too much trouble for Mike. He even accomodated a few of us for special dietary requirements for breakfast - truly exceeding our expectations. We attended a wedding at Bolsover Castle and so litereally 5 minutes drive away. As we had long journeys the following day Mike was kind enough to even pack us some fruit and water for the trip... THANKS Mike / Jo & Kat... We wont forget our memorable and enjoyable time at your fantastic Guest Lodge. I would highly recmmend this lodge to all. AAA+++

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Heckmondwike west yorkshire
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Mike the owner made us feel welcome from the minute we parked up.
The accomodation was of a high standard we had a large room for 4 of us (2 Adults and 2 Children) it was spotless and had everything you required for an overnight stay and to be honest if someting was missing Mike would probably have got it for you. The other rooms we booked for other Family members were just as spotless and both with plenty of room. The breakfast was excellent with enough on your plate to last you most of the day if you wanted. The location is spot on just off Junction 29A of the M1 a good base to travel on to the Peak District. All in all an excellent stay in a Friendly Guest Lodge i would reccomend this to anybody.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BeerMonsterterrier
Famagusta, Cyprus
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Spotless, quiet, comfortable, tasty and hearty breakfast, friendly, great value for money. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Tickettyboo
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Great location, just off the motorway (but no noise!). Almost like having your own private house - Owner Mike showed me room, also had a private lounge where a colleague and I could meet or watch TV or whatever; told me to help myself from anything from the kitchen if I needed extra milk, refreshments, etc - though stock in room was plenty. Beautifully and recently refurbished. Decent CAMRA pub, great food, (Arkwright Arms) just a few minute's drive away. All in all, a great place to stay for pleasure or business - easy to use as a base for a longer stay.
Look at the reviews on their own website - can't get better! http://www.markhamvaleguestlodge.com/guestbook.aspx

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duckmanton
Ibis Chesterfield North
#1 of 1 in Clowne
Dusty Miller
Dusty Miller
#1 of 3 in Barlborough

Been to Markham Vale Guest Lodge? Share your experiences!