“Nice location, caring staff”

Premier Inn Chesterfield West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastmoor
North Somerset
“Nice location, caring staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

11 of us stayed here this weekend as it was my mothers 80th birthday. Firstly I would commend the staff who were excellent throughout. I have stayed at several premier inns around the country but this was a real find, 15mins from Bakewell and Chesterfield and about the same from Chatsworth. The Highwayman (Beefeater pub) attached on site is a warm friendly venue with better than average food. The whole of the place is clean and well cared for. From beginning to end we were looked after and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff from all area's. You all helped us to give my mum a good time on this happy occasion.

Room Tip: We had room 11 which is at the back out of the way with good views. It also has a shower and not a b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Samantha R, Manager at Premier Inn Chesterfield West Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your kind words were very grateful you could take the time to leave your thoughts were all so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

we are so lucky with our beautiful quiet location.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope we can welcome you back on your next visit.

Samantha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Oldham, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night (1 March) as a party of 11 to celebrate my mother-in-laws 80th birthday. On arrival we checked in and we told that our room was room 14, the lady on reception was very helpful and told us that if we needed anything to let her know. Our room was cold and took a while to warm up so we asked for a heater which was delivered to our room within 10 minutes and then it wasn't long till we were warm and cosy. We've stayed in Premier Inns before so knew what to expect. The standard of our accommodation was fantastic, even 30 minutes of free wi-fi.

We had a good nights sleep, even though our room was overlooking the car park and road, we didn't hear the noise from the road.

We ate at the Beefeater Restaurant on the Saturday night after being let down by the Devonshire Arms at Beeley where we had booked a meal for 11. We rang the Beefeater and they had a table for us. Our meal was lovely, service great, and we all had a fantastic night. Breakfast was in the Beefeater, again lovely breakfast and great service.

Definately recommend this hotel, quiet and value for money.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracey-Steven
Thank you for your review. Were so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Chesterfield West and had a greats nights sleep.

We really value your feeback as we all work so hard to please our guests so your kind words really do mean a lot to us.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for only a night. Nobody on reception when we arrived but came quickly after pressing the buzzer. Lady on reception very nice and helpful.

Our room was smaller than any other premier inn we had stayed in and the bathroom only had a shower and no bath which was a shame as I like a bath. Saying that though the shower was very powerful and probably the best we've had in premier inns. It was on the top floor right at the end of the corridor which meant we heard very little other doors being opened and closed. Very little road noise too even though we faced the road. No view from here though other than the courtyard.

Big downside for us was that we had no mobile reception in our room. We have both vodafone and O2 . Got 1 bar in the adjoining restaurant!

It was clean and comfortable but at nearly £90 for B&B it is getting a bit on the expensive side for a budget hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClaireDut
Samantha R, Manager at Premier Inn Chesterfield West Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your review were very grateful you could take the time to leave us your thoughts about your recent stay.

I'm so pleased you found our reception staff friendly and helpful.

We do have rooms with baths and if you would like a room at the back with a view you can give us a call in advance to request this.

It is always cheaper to book online in advance.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Linda the receptionist went out of her way to find me a room with a bath after my 8 mile walk! She was an angel! Above and beyond the call of duty. Most friendly staff and very efficient, hotel and restaurant!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maxine A
Thank you so much for kind words.

I am so pleased Lynda looked after you and she is thrilled with her mention.

We all really do try so hard to make sure our guests have a fantastic time while staying with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

It's a Premier Inn. What you see it what you get. I've been staying here for a few months for a couple of nights a week. The first visit didn't start too well when my arrival at reception was greeted by, well, no-one. I waited around for 5 minutes, pressed the 'Attention' buzzer a few times, waited another 5 minutes, and another. Eventually after 20 minutes went next door to the pub to ask if they had any idea where the receptionist for the hotel might be and she was standing there chatting up the barman. She was suitably apologetic and slightly redeemed herself with the offer of any bottle of wine I desired from the menu which I obviously accepted.

So. You know what to expect from a Premier, and that's what I got. Clean & modern room. Bathroom facilities acceptable. Comfy bed. It's all just fine, nothing fancy or wowy, just fine. The receptionist who has been there most of the time I've been staying is a pretty blonde girl who has been very helpful when needed. The location is very attractive and quiet. The food next door is a Beefeater so again, you know what to expect and that's what you get. Breakfast is pretty good excepting (as with most hotels) the pre-made coffee which tastes like lukewarm dishwater. Fortunately though you can get a Costa instead which is included in the price. The food is eat as much as you want / cooked to order and that's pretty good. The rest of the breakfast is standard fare.

Gripes. (1) Parking right outside is not always possible as there are a lot of disabled spaces which are barely used, so there's not enough room for sufficient non-disabled (abled?) spaces. There is a massive pub car park though so this is just me being a fusspot really. (2) The variability in pricing really irritates me. In fact in the last few weeks I've sought out other alternatives as the pricing has gone up to a level which I'm simply not prepared to pay for a Premier Inn. (3) This one is really stupid but I'm going to say it anyway. Every time I turn the TV on it comes up with the subs on. I don't want subs, and if I turn the subs off I don't expect them to come back up the next time I put the TV on. Why can't the default be no subs? (4) Having to pay for WiFi just isn't acceptable in this day and age - it's only £3 for 24 hours but really, just make it free because charging for something like this just makes me feel like you're taking the Michael.

What can I say? Yep, it's fine, fine and fine again. A Premier Inn is never going to get more than a 3 from me because there isn't anything particularly special about them. They just do what they say on the tin. I needed something which was not too expensive and provided acceptable accommodation for a medium term gig in Chesterfield, and that's what I've got.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter G
Thank you for taking the time to give us your much valued feedback regarding your stay at Chesterfield West.

The situation you have described is clearly unaceptable and please be assured I have addressed the issue with the receptionist and I have put measures in place to prevent this situation being repeated. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority at our hotel so please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I am so pleased the rest of the team were helpful and you found the room clean and comfortable.

With regards to the pricing at our hotel we are slightly more expensive due to our location and popularity we are one of the cheapest hotels in the peak disrict. For our best rates its always best to book online in advance.

We do provide 30 minutes free wifi every day to guests and the restaurant next door has free wifi.

Thank you again for your feedback.

please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you wish to discuss anthing further.

Harlow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We have stayed at this Premier inn several times visiting family as we prefer the location outside of the town and on the way to the Derbyshire Dales. We are always met warmly and find the restaurant and bar clean and convenient. Always good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Samantha R, Manager at Premier Inn Chesterfield West Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel.

Our team all work so hard to ensure we look after all our guests and that they have a fantastic experience so we are delighted with your comments.

I'm happy to hear you have stayed a few times.

We look Forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Chelmsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is a very good example of Premier Inn at their best. Arrived early evening after a long drive from Essex in foul weather to a warm welcome from the manager, Samantha who couldn't do enough to make sure we were happy. Comfortable room with a really excellent and roomy shower. All spotlessly clean and warm. Great location too, right on the edge of the national park. All good. thanks Samantha and well done to you and your team.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roommates
Samantha R, Manager at Premier Inn Chesterfield West Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Chesterfield West my team and I very much appreaciate your kind words as we all try really hard to make guests feel welcomed and looked after while staying with us

I am so pleased you found the room comfortable and spotlessly clean our house keeping team are delighted with your Comments.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Samantha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastmoor
Peak Edge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barlborough
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
#8 of 15 in Chesterfield

Been to Premier Inn Chesterfield West Hotel? Share your experiences!