“A wonderful Christmas Experience”

Premier Inn Chesterfield West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastmoor
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A wonderful Christmas Experience”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Due to a family emergency I needed to stay in the area on Christmas day (of all days) and thought I would struggle to find accommodation. Having stayed at a very mediocre Travel Lodge the previous night I headed for the Highwayman and received a really friendly reception. Nothing was too much trouble for the two ladies at reception. Despite being short staffed due to the festive holiday they both had time to smile and take an interest in each guest (that really is all it takes to make a difference).

My room (as in every Premier Hotel that I have stayed in) was immaculately clean, warm and equipped with all the necessary requirements.

The staff were most concerned that I should not miss out on a Christmas dinner and wanted to find a space for me in the restaurant. I declined their kind offer as I wanted to take a long walk to clear my mind. I heard from other guests later that I had missed out on a real treat.

When I returned from my walk I found a Christmas card in my room from the staff plus a nicely decorated pack of chocolates – a wonderful touch!!

Breakfast was superb. Well cooked, served piping hot by a friendly waitress. Lots of variety and as much as you could eat!!

The only budget word that applies to this hotel is the price – stay here with confidence!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 12 which had a small window overlooking the car park. It wasn't a problem and...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Methwold
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed at Chesterfield after a long day at Chatsworth. The rooms were comfy and very clean. Very basic, but the staff is extra friendly and the restaurant attached to the hotel had wonderful food and service. We were so impressed that we've decided to book at another Premier Inn next time we travel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Visited Premier Inn Chesterfield West on 10th Dec for one night, dinner and breakfast next morning. The staff and facilities were excellent. I have never experienced such warm and welcoming staff. Despite the Inn and restaurant being very busy the attention we received was well above the service from other places. I can honestly say every single member of staff we met could not have been more attentive. Accomodation was very clean and comfortable and the dinner and breakfast excellent quality and very well cooked.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding a few weeks ago. We were welcomed very warmly by Linda on the front desk. She was very knowledgeable and gave great directions to the wedding reception.

The rooms were spotlessly clean, spacious and warm, the bed was also very comfortable.
24 Hours wifi use costs only £5.00 which is very reasonable if you need it.

The food and drink prices at the neighbouring Beefeater were great for the standard you recieved. In the morning we chatted with the owner and really felt that we recieved the personal touch. Every member of staff were smiling and nothing was any bother.

I would highly recommend this hotel to all. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
england
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Stayed for a couple of nights and can only use the word excellent. Clean rooms, in the pub attached we received nothing but great friendly service. Breakfast and evening meals were excellent quality and value. Will be visiting again.

• Stayed December 2011
Reading, Berkshire
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I can sum this hotel up in one word - Brilliant.

The service given by this hotel started before check in. We were driving through snow and bad weather so we were a little later that we anticipated, and we received a phone call from the hotel asking were we ok finding the hotel and would we like dinner upon arrival.

When we arrived, we were greeted by a really cheery lady Linda, who showed us to our room and told us when were ready go through to the restaurant. They helped us with bags, and in the restaurant (The Highwayman) the staff were once again amazing. Service was quick, the quality of the food was very good, and piping hot. The staff were really lovely and very knowledgable of the area, to the extent of telling us what roads to avoid from the snow.

The next day again breakfast was lovely, all cooked freshly and to order. Once again the staff were over helpful. The morning Manager Emma was so helpful, as there was unexpected snow, we wondered if we could get a late check out and she said no problem. Nothing in this hotel was too much for anyone to do, and I dont think I saw a member of staff not smiling.

The location of this hotel is fantastic it is quite high up on the Dales, and there is nothing else around it, its really lovely the views and I do plan to return to this hotel if I pass through this area again.

I really thought that the Premier Inn at Ebbw Vale was the best one I had been to, but this one has surpassed that it. Thank you to the staff Linda, Emma and their team well done.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2011

just returned from a night at chesterfield west premier inn,easy to find and get parked, (nearly at the door) then we where checked in with no hassle just a friendly welcome, got our room (which was room 26 loverly view over the very windy moor), then a dozen steps to the highwayman for eats and a few drinks which was excellent also,in the morning a top notch premier inn breakfast to end a perfect stay.thanks to all

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastmoor
Peak Edge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barlborough
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
#8 of 15 in Chesterfield

Been to Premier Inn Chesterfield West Hotel? Share your experiences!