“Customer Service has improved”

Millennium Resort Mussanah
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Al Mussanah
Reviewed June 2, 2014

had a good stay last weekend. pleasant improvement from my last stay where my only request was that staff can afford a smile. however, this time, we were a large family, hence booked 3 executive rooms. Fridge was hotter than the climate outside (its peak summer here in Oman). Bucket of ice is charged. Bottle opener if requested from room service has to be returned within 10 minutes.
Trust the management especially Mr. Maurice de Rooij, GM, will read this post ad make necessary arrangements.

Room Tip: Be ready to bring your cool box and bottle opener!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
MRMMUSSANAH, General Manager at Millennium Resort Mussanah, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Mr. Sam A

Thank you for your comment. Rest assured I have been reading it and we have ordered Millennium branded openers as guest giveaways.

Our front office manager has also been in touch with you already.

Contact me for your next visit at maurice.derooij@millenniumhotels.com

Best Regards,
Maurice De Rooij

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I enjoyed my weekend break here. The room was comfortable and the pool and beach were nice to relax after I finished my meetings.
Had a late lunch by the pool and dinner in the restaurant - the food was good on both occasions.
Overall, this makes good weekend break destination from Dubai. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mill-mussanah, Front Office Manager at Millennium Resort Mussanah, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Mr. Martin K,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay in Millennium Resort Mussanah. I am delighted to note that you had a relaxing stay with us. we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This resort has everything you would expect a decent resort to have, half our party arrived at 10 in the morning and checked in early without anf fuss, we arrived in time for lunch, an absolute feast with every taste catered for, a very decent pool on the edge of the sea, with a bar. Also there is superb spa facilities with many kinds of massage on offer. We were off on a dive the next morning and the hotel had our breakfast packs ready at 5.30!! The dive centre very friendly great boats and know the very best places to dive in the area, all this and a late check out, great place no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Illande

Dear Mr. Illande,

Thank you for posting your review, we are I am very pleased to read your feedback that speaks about your satisfaction over your experience as well as of expectations that were met while staying with us.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We booked this hotel after learning about it a while ago, but had reservations due to the lack of excellent/good reviews on Tripadvisor at the time we booked. We should not have worried...the resort was amazing.

We arrived shortly before 10.00am, and were checked in efficiently and swiftly even though the check in time is 3.00pm. The reception staff even told us that we could have breakfast as our All-Inclusive option started at check in! From breakfast we were shown to our room. It was large, well appointed and spotlessly clean. Although we had a garden view, the outlook was fine...we had little intention of remaining on the balcony all holiday!

The pool areas are well thought out and we had no trouble getting sun loungers. The view from the infinity pool was of a near deserted beach and the Gulf of Oman. The pool attendants and pool bar staff were courteous and could not do enough for you. Drinks around the pool were plentiful and brought to your lounger. Alcohol was served (if required) from midday until 3pm at the pool bar. Many days we almost had the pool to ourselves...our own little piece of heaven!

Every day the General Manager, Maurice, spoke to guests to ensure that they wanted for nothing. Old fashioned customer services abounded! I know that if we had been unfortunate to have had a problem it would have been sorted. Maurice is a hands on manager, even joining in with the staff to clear the beach adjacent to the hotel so that the guests did not see the mess left by uncaring picnickers! Nothing, and I mean nothing was too much trouble. His main concern was that the guests had the very best service, and that the hotel motto "you are the centre of our world" was central to the ethos of the hotel.

The restaurant in which all meals were taken was lovely, serving a multitude of very tasty meals. On the odd occasion when there were insufficient guests to warrant a full buffet service, you could order (without extra charges) food from the a la carte menu. The service was very attentive and carried out with genuine care for the diners. The executive chef Reiner was always out and about, he took the time to discuss the meals with customers and, should there be anything extra that was wanted he was happy to provide it. Again genuine care for the customer and their needs.

Every member of staff that we met were a credit to the resort. However a few really went the extra mile for the guests...Victor the outlet manager was outstanding, nothing was too much for him. Lucy, May, Eunice and Vivian in the restaurant, they really cared about their customers and were attentive, courteous and extremely helpful. Arun in the bar and the pool bar - what a nice guy. You didn't even have to wait for him to serve you...drink finished and the offer of another was there immediately..excellent service; Ravi at the pool bar, what a gent - always smiling and attentive. Drinks served to your lounger as and when required, again when he saw drinks running low, another provided!

The three singers in the Outback bar helped the evenings fly by. Their repertoire was different every evening, from old classics to up to date hits. We have sat and listened to some mediocre singing in hotels, but this trio rates as one of the best.

We mentioned to Maurice, the GM that we would have liked the opportunity to take a trip on the Dhow. Due to it being low season there were not sufficient numbers to warrant a cruise. However one phone call later and the Dhow was ours for an afternoon/sunset cruise. What customer service...and the cruise was fabulous thank you Mr Ali and your staff for the most enjoyable, informative cruise.

Yes the resort is out of the way, but for us that was a bonus. We could relax in the beautiful surroundings, and enjoy being spoilt. I have deliberated about sending this review. Not because I did not want to review such a great hotel, but I don't want too many people finding our little piece of heaven! Will we be returning? You bet!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RhondaEssex
Reviewed May 30, 2014

a nice two days stay here with the nice location and pool i hope to do it some other time, the hotel location is fantastic and the staff were friendly but there was some arrangements i requested not done by the hotel i dunno why.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Issim A,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to note of your satisfaction on your overall experience of staying with us. Regarding your special arrangement Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we might have caused you.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was there for the Intermoon Hash 2014; 78 hashers from Oman and Dubai, stayed three nights. The Hotel staff were very helpful and polite.
Love the swimming pool, great place to relax
Big thanks to the Manager for a great weekend and making sure our event went well. I am sure we will go back in the near future

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Mr. BB111,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay in Millennium Resort Mussanah. It is a delight for us to note your satisfaction over your experience of staying with us. weare looking welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was there with my family in the middle of April for 3 nights. It is a nice quiet hotel, the rooms are big but not really clean although I have turned the switch which is on the door. I have booked via booking.com for 3 people but they were preparing the third bed when we got into the room. And the whole 3 days we didn't get the third towel, at the end I picked it by myself. So the housekeeping wasn't good.
The food is very good, you can choose the buffet or you can order from the menu. Both are excellent. The wine selection is very wide and they are very good. I kept drinking the white wine from Argentina and one glass costs around 4 euro.
The Hotel has a very nice beach which is not very common in Oman. It is open to public as well but there are no villages around so nobody comes except the hotel guests.
The staff in the bar and in the restaurant area are very nice and helpful. They have a very nice mini-golf area. My son was very happy in this hotel(12 years)
So if you make a round trip in Oman which we did, after 10 days it was a very nice relaxing in this hotel before we flew to Germany.

Room Tip: The rooms with the sea view is very nice but the others are also okay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
MRMMUSSANAH, Front Office Manager at Millennium Resort Mussanah, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Mr. Dragos68

Thank you for posting your review , we are very happy to know that we have met your expectation during your stay , Regarding housekeeping I have already discussed the issue with housekeeping manager to ensure that the special guest request such as extra bed has to be placed in the room before the guest arrival hence please accept my sincere apologize for that issue.
Always we are looking to welcome you again, so please contact me personally if you need assist for your next booking with our resort.

Best Regards

#1 of 2 in Barka
Safari Village Service Apartments
Al Nahda Resort & Spa
Beach Bay Hotel Muscat

Been to Millennium Resort Mussanah? Share your experiences!