The rooms are clean, and are a nice place to stay in, the food in the restaurant, is superb, all credit to the chef, probably goes down as one of the best meals I have had!
The staff in the bar, special mention goes to Kellie and Stuart who looked after us and nothing was to much trouble, a credit to the hotel, the reception staff were very pleasant, and I would recommend this place to anyone.
Now the golf club, firstly the staff are rude, and not very welcoming, everything was to much trouble, and their attitude did not change until we spent £120 on buggies!
We had breakfast on the first morning in the clubhouse bar all eight of us, it was all piled on to one small plate, £8.50 not even any toast, and was really not very nice, the bar area in here was only to be described as absolutely filthy, the carpet looked at the bar as though it had not been cleaned for weeks, could not see through the windows as they were so smeared.
We had this break for the golf, really enjoyed the hotel and the constable course, but we all felt that the golf course and areas around the clubhouse were not up to standard, it will be stretched to its limits in busy periods, shame as the courses are ok.
The very good rating is for the hotel,and staff, it would have been poor for the golf side, just wanted to be made to feel welcome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star award-winning Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa is situated in 300 acres of rolling countryside, in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The hotel is ideally positioned in the middle of the Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Colchester triangle and is only 45 minutes from the M25 and Stansted Airport. The hotel offers 80 contemporary hotel bedrooms and a wide range of facilities including, the 2 AA Rosette Lakes Restaurant, two 18-hole Championship golf courses and driving range, nine function rooms offering superb views over Constable Country ideal for weddings, celebrations and conferences and a hi-tech fitness centre. There is also a luxurious spa within the hotel, where you'll find a heated indoor swimming pool with spa temple, sauna, steam room, exotic Rasul and Hammam treatment rooms, a bistro and a whole range of health and beauty therapies on offer. There is extensive free parking, free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel and the Pippin Shop onsite provides all the essentials you may require plus an array of handmade gifts. Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa also offer a number of self-catering luxury lodges on site, which enjoy all the facilities of the hotel but with a private area to escape to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf Hotel Leavenheath
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Best Western Colchester
- Colchester Best Western