Just arrived back from an overnight spa break at the stoke by nayland hotel. There were 6 of us celebrating a friends 30th birthday. We had an amazing time.
Yes, there were a couple of minor things that could be improved with the rooms, particularly the lack of extractor fan in the bathroom which made it hotter than the steam room in the spa! But these tiny issues in no way detracted from our experience.
The spa facilities are lovely, the grounds and views beautiful but by far the best thing about this hotel was the outstanding level of customer service we received from every single member of staff we encountered from the minute we arrived to the time we left. Nothing was too much trouble, they were all friendly and helpful and so accommodating even when faced with unusual requests.
In fact the one and only truly negative thing was on two occasions 2 different members of the spa made it very clear they dislike dayguests intruding in 'their' spa but obviously this has nothing at all to do with the hotel or their staff, just some people can be very rude and petty which unfortunately you can get anywhere.
We can't wait to book a return trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star award-winning Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa is situated in 300 acres of rolling countryside, in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The hotel is ideally positioned in the middle of the Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Colchester triangle and is only 45 minutes from the M25 and Stansted Airport. The hotel offers 80 contemporary hotel bedrooms and a wide range of facilities including, the 2 AA Rosette Lakes Restaurant, two 18-hole Championship golf courses and driving range, nine function rooms offering superb views over Constable Country ideal for weddings, celebrations and conferences and a hi-tech fitness centre. There is also a luxurious spa within the hotel, where you'll find a heated indoor swimming pool with spa temple, sauna, steam room, exotic Rasul and Hammam treatment rooms, a bistro and a whole range of health and beauty therapies on offer. There is extensive free parking, free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel and the Pippin Shop onsite provides all the essentials you may require plus an array of handmade gifts. Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa also offer a number of self-catering luxury lodges on site, which enjoy all the facilities of the hotel but with a private area to escape to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf Hotel Leavenheath
- Best Western Colchester
- Colchester Best Western