Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa
$169
Hotwire.com
The Crown, Stoke By Nayland(Stoke by Nayland)
$222
$93
$84
The Marquis(Layham)
$200
$194
Orbitz.com
Holiday Inn Express Colchester(Dedham)(Great Value!)
$56
$161
$74
$62
$60
Premier Inn Colchester (A12) Hotel(Colchester)(Great Value!)
$67
PremierInn.com
$334
All reviewsstoke by naylandchanging roomsfull body massagelounge barsteam roombar menuduty managerboth nightswedding receptionrelaxing breaknight breakovernight stayafternoon teamain restaurantone night staysandwichessteak
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding vows renewed, and had the reception at SBN. From the moment we arrived we were thoroughly looked after by Becki the duty manager who made sure our day/evening went smoothly. Becki was attentive and worked very hard to make our day special. The food was 5* and wish to thank the chef (Alan) for all his hard work. Many of our guests commented especially on the pork. The function room was excellent and the staff set it out perfectly and the view was exquisite from the outside balcony. We rate this whole experience a 5*. We and several of our guests had booked rooms we were able to use the excellent facilities that SBN have to offer. I would highly recommend this hotel for celebrating all occasions and for weekend breaks and spa breaks. Thankyou to all the Staff at SBN.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SBNHotel, Marketing Executive at Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

What a lovely review – thank you very much. Congrats on your wedding vow renewal, I hope you had a wonderful time. I will pass on your thanks to Becky and Alan – they’ll be delighted to hear that they helped to make your special event a success. We are very pleased that you chose to have your celebration here and we would absolutely love to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just returned from a short golf break at SBN , overall this is a great place for a golf break , courses albeit a bit busy were excellent . Hotel was good , though in truth needs a bit of an update throughout particularly the rooms which are to say the least a bit dated but to be fair they were clean and functional. The restaurant though is a big winner , food was excellent and staff and service was very good .

As I say the hotels appearance needs a bit of an update but putting that aside they have a great offering .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Glad that you enjoyed the golf – did you have a chance to play both courses? We are very proud of the Lakes Restaurant so it is nice to hear that you received a delicious meal and exceptional service. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding. The wedding itself was lovely (food portions a bit on the small side though). Lovely terraced area and beautiful grounds.

However, the room was not good at all. The bed was really uncomfortable (I'm quite slim and I could feel bed springs pressing on my joints). Our double bed was in fact 2 singles pushed together- which I know is standard practice in a lot of hotels. The issue here though was the massive gap between the mattresses. The result was that when I rolled over my arm got stuck in the gap! Despite being exhausted from a long day, my boyfriend went to reception to ask for a room change- he was told that the hotel was full but if we talked to them in the morning they'd "sort something out".

In the morning we were basically fobbed off- told that those mattresses were in all rooms, and were being replaced soon anyway, so because they were standard they couldn't give us any money back. Frankly they weren't even sorry. The weirdest thing was they said that if we'd charged drinks to our room they would've refunded those as a "gesture" but wouldn't refund the room- so they clearly acknowledged that we had something to complain about but were not prepared to do anything about it. I wish I hadn't paid cash at the bar!!!! Maybe things will improve with new mattresses, but frankly this has soured my opinion of the hotel (they'd made a lot of money out of our wedding party and a gesture, or even a genuine apology, wouldn't have hurt). It would take a lot to entice me back here- I value my sleep too much!!

• Stayed: July 2013
SBNHotel, Marketing Executive at Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for posting a review. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty during your stay. We have been investigating the incident but we require further information in order to resolve the issue. We value customer service above all else and would like the chance to get to the bottom of this. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I chose to spend my birthday meal at the lakes restraunt in August, and was very impressed. The food was superb, with a good amount of vegetarian options which is hard to come by nowadays. Staff were so helpful and welcoming, Joao knew the menu like the back of his hand and advised us accordingly. Fred and Kelly were also very attentive and made sure we were well looked after. The view from our table was outstanding, you could see right across the lake, a perfect setting for a nice meal. Would recommend highly to anyone and we will 100% be returning!!

• Stayed: August 2013
SBNHotel, Marketing Executive at Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Happy birthday! I will make sure to let the staff know that you appreciated their help. Our chefs are very talented and they produce some delicious food. Please do visit again soon and sample another of their yummy offerings. We’d love to have you back.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I, my sister and her 6 month old baby came here for a mini break last week for two nights.
We were greeted wonderfully when we arrived, which was lovely,staff were very chatty and kind.

As we were early we went and sat in the garden and had a drink. The view was just beautiful and it was so tranquil to sit out there and enjoy the surroundings.

When we arrived at our room it was beautiful, and a fridge had been put in there for the baby’s bottles which was so kind & helpful & we were lucky enough to have a room with that stunning view.

On the first night we had a meal in the bar area and we were served by Kellie, she was really nice, chatty and attentive to us the whole time we were there. Made us feel very welcome.

The pool and the spa facilities were also very nice and we enjoyed our short time in there, the baby especially loved having a splash around!

We are already planning on coming back next year for another mini break: maybe even a bit longer next time as we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone even for just a night as a couple, a mini break, or girls get together. It’s fantastic!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely review. I’m glad to hear that the staff were able to go that extra mile to make your stay more comfortable and relaxing. Drinks on the terrace are certainly the way forward! Did you have a treatment during your time in the Spa? I would definitely recommend it for your next visit. Hope to see you again soon.