“Relaxing place”

and 1 more site!
Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leavenheath
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just spent two days at Stoke by Nayland an had a very nice short break. Hotel set in beautiful surroundings with 2 golf courses for the men, whilst the ades spent their time in the gym, sauna, jacuzzi and pool. Rooms clean and spacious with t.v. and tea/coffee. Food in the restaurant very god with polite ad courteous staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SBNHotel, Marketing Executive at Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Glad you had a relaxing short break with us and that you made use of the facilities. We really love to hear when people have enjoyed their stay and if there is anything more that we can do, please let us know.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed Mothers Day weekend for 2 nights. A groupon deal for £99 2 nights B & B.
I can't really find fault with this hotel. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet. All the staff were really friendly and helpful. The bar has a lovely open fire and drinks were not overly priced. The restaurant was tastefully decorated, they do a £20pp 2 course set meal which was very nice (although I could have eaten it twice as the portion was not huge !!) Breakfast was very good. Locally produced tasty food and plenty of choice.
The spa is great. Lovely swimming pool and hot jacuzzi. We did not have any treatments but spent a lot of time laying on the beds around the pool just chilling !! It is very warm in there and almost felt like being abroad, very relaxing. Plenty of warm, fluffy towels and plenty of showers
If I had to say something negative about this hotel it would be that it is literally in the middle of nowhere, not even a shop for miles !!! so if you are not interested in the spa I'm not sure what you would do all day !! Maybe golf !!!
Definetly recommended, Thanks for a lovely weekend Stoke by Nayland Golf & Spa.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us. So pleased that you enjoyed your Mother’s Day weekend break. Next time you come you will have to try one of our spa treatments – they can make a relaxing weekend away just that little bit more blissful.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Booked a 2-night stay via KGB deals & was pleasantly surprised at what a lovely hotel & spa it was.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff & minor queries were dealt with swiftly and efficiently. The room was fabulous & the food excellent. All the staff we came into contact with were friendly & it had a great atmosphere - warm, professional but not a 'corporate' feel, which my husband & I thought was a huge bonus. The spa area was large & clean and loungers were plentiful. I also had a massage which was fabulous.
The area around it was beautiful & we had such a nice stay that we added an additional night to our break on their Winter Warmer package, which the receptionist very helpfully sorted out for us.

1  Thank Angela T
SBNHotel, Sales & Marketing Executive at Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am very pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. It sounds like you took the opportunity to make the most of all the facilities as well as enjoy the beautiful surroundings - we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

So I visited here for my Birthday weekend 25-27 January 13 after having an amazing stay in 2012....
I booked the same deal as the time before as well £99 in a superior room for 2 nights B&B with spa facilitiies.
From arrival everything went wrong.

When we were checking in i asked where i would collect my spa robe as i was given it by zultan on check in at the reception desk when i stayed last year.
I was then told that they didnt give them to hotel guests anymore and i would have to speak to the peak fitness staff to see if they could sort me one.
We arrived and checked in at 3pm and I had my first of a few treatments that I had pre booked at 4pm so when i went down to the spa to be told theres no more robes as they are reserved for day spa people ARRIVING THE NEXT day I was told to go up to my room and someone would call me - which is unnaceptable as I wanted to unpack and get my robe on and be able to go down to the spa area and relax before my treatment instead I was being stressed out.

So I went up the the hotel reception to complain, the reservations manager then got the spa manager to come up and see us and we were told to wait in the bar and offered a drink.
We stood in the bar and after a further 15minutes the spa manager arrived she approached us and asked if we would sit at a table and talk - a bit over the top I think when all I wanted was a robe.
I was told that there was no robes for hotel guests, i explained i was given 1 the 1st time I stayed without even asking for 1 and that as I was paying for over £100 worth of treatments and having them on both days of our stay over the course of a weekend i couldnt see why i couldnt be loaned one in this individual case...

I then said that if I had known I would have bought my own from home as I am not going to put my own clothes on and ruin them from massage oil after my treatment... The spa manager was rude defensive and argumentative and begrudgingly agreed to loan me a robe at the charge of £12! - I was in a position where my hands were tied and I had no option but to pay the £12 as my clothes would be ruined and by now it was nearly time for my treatment....
Best part in when the robe arrived it was a white one - not the same as the brown new ones they give to guests on spa packages - it was freezing cold and i was told it had been taken from the back god know where i opened it up it smelt funny like unclean and was covered in womens hairs! I was fuming.

The room and other hotel related stuff:
It was dirty - hairs on the bed sheets and the decorative pillows and throws (the obes that dont get cleaned for each guest)
The curtains were all stained (see pics)
The wooden units were all marked, worn, miscoloured, broken handles, aircon up the creek - 1 night freezing one day boiling. Tiles in bathroom all cracked and fag burns and brown stains on toilet seat!
There was also flies in the room and around the hotel - in January?! surely another sign of it being unclean.
We was woken up in the middle of the night on our last night as we were in a room overlooking the car park - someone had gone to sleep in their car and it was setting the alarm of it took a good half an hour for security to sort this out and we woke up sunday exhausted - reception begrudgingly extended our checkout time by an hour - wasnt until we mentioned this was why that they did it for us!

Food and drink:
we bought a baileys and a pint of bear and nearly choked at the price - bring your own drinks in your room unless your prepared to pay a fortune! we did this the 1st time we sayed as we went out for dinner both nights and drinks.

The breakfast was lovely on the Saturday 1st morning the buffet is great and good quality
However on Sunday our 2nd day we arrived just before they stopped serving breakfast and was given a dirty look by the waitress staff who said its nearly all gone now but when we checked in we was told we could arrive right up until the end of breakfast time as its a buffett.

As you can see this review is so different to my last - until they sort out the room standards and weather they are going to give spa robes or not and make it clear to guests who are hotel but paying for the spa as well then we would not return... really gutted to be honest as we thought wehad found somewhere we could return a couple of times a year for a chill out!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SBNHotel, Sales & Marketing Executive at Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We are sorry that your experience fell below your expectations and compared to your previous stay.
We apologise that there were stains on the net curtains in your room, new ones are currently on order for all the rooms and will be replaced as soon as they arrive The wooden unit that you refer to is a relatively new piece of furniture which appears not to be up to the normal expected commercial standards , we are currently in discussions with the manufacturer as to how we can resolve this issue.
We only provide robes to our spa day/break guests; unfortunately if we were to provide robes to all hotel guests we would not be able to accommodate everybody around poolside. We are sorry that this has caused you considerable frustration and we will review this policy with the hotel management team. In regard to the cleanliness of the robes please be assured that we have our own commercial laundry equipment on site and all linen products are laundered at a high temperature for hygiene.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet on the first morning, unfortunately on the second morning breakfast had stopped serving 30 minutes prior to you arriving. The restaurant Manager did however arrange for you to have breakfast in the hotel lounge, cooked to order.
Once again we are sorry that your stay was not as good as your previous stay and we thank you for bringing to our attention items within the rooms that need attention.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We arrived to very lovely and welcoming receptionist who greeted us with fantastic customer service skills. Our room was a lovely size very clean our view was amazing as we over looked the golf course . Our room maids was on top form very polite ladies :) the bar staff had brilliant manners and worked fantastically with the public very polite :) The restaurant was amazing food was very tasteful fully recommend you must eat here and again the staff very very polite and will do anything to cater to your needs . I will differently be returning here :) thanks again Gemma Robinson

• Stayed: February 2013

Gemma, I so pleased that our team made your stay so memorable. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful team here that go the extra mile to deliver excellent customer service. You may be interested to know that this month one of the service team in the restaurant won employee of the month.
Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed at The Naylands 22nd-24th Feb for a spa weekend.
Our room was awful! in the pictures the updated rooms look lovely, but believe me they are not! I would say it reminded me of a Travelodge! the room wasnt very clean,the bathroom had a new floor which could have looked lovely except it wasnt finished off properly, there was mould all in the bathroom! the bathroom door itself was like an old lavatory door and where it had been painted you could still see the brush marks! I really like to have an iron and ironing board in the room but to walk in and have the ironing boad up with the iron on was a little strange!
The new carpet hadnt been fitted properly.On opening the window the bars on the balcony were all rotten and covered in mould.The walls were paper thin you could hear the people in the next room very clearly! The room was very basic indeed.
We asked to move rooms but were told there were no other available rooms.
As we were on a Spa break we did expect to have dressing gowns in the room but they werent supplied.we managed to get them after talking with the Spa manager.It was freezing cold walking form our room to the spa and on a number of occasions we would walk past wedding guests which was a little odd!
The Spa is in need of repair it definately needs a facelift! dirty,damp on walls etc.
the treatments and the staff were fabulous though we cannot fault them!!
the best part about the hotel (if there is one) is the restaurant, the food was beautiful and the staff were very proffessional, first class service!!!
All in all we wouldnt return and wouldnt recommend the hotel.
However if you are looking just for a meal the restaurant is fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lara k

We are so sorry to read that your stay was not what you expected. The Hotel Manager and his team have inspected your room and have actioned any necessary work . The balustrade that you referred to is a metal structure which is perfectly safe however it does appear to have a build up of winter algae on parts of the balcony, as it is north facing. This will be cleaned as part of the external spring clean this month. We found no evidence of mould in the bathroom, however your observation about the painting of the bathroom door are correct and has been rectified.
There is a damp problem on one of the walls in the spa in the main corridor due to a water leak, which has been fixed but is currently being dried out.
We are pleased to read that the treatments were all of an excellent standard and that your meal in the restaurant was first class.
Once again I am sorry that we did not meet our normal high standards and that you left feeling disappointed.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

we recently came back from a 2 night stay wich was wonderful from start to end.For a long time i have been trying to persuade my husband to go to a spa and this was an absolute succes (already caught him looking on the lap top to go again ) .The staff in all areas of the hotel are so friendly and make you feel so welcome we wished we had been staying for a few more days.Our room was huge light and airy and so quiet it was heaven.We had dinner both nights in the restaurant and the food is first class my husband had the steak one night which came with chunky chips which he declared the best he has eaten and i would agree but he would only let me try a couple.Back to the spa its a lovely place to spend some time we did the rasual mud temple which is great fun then i had a facial while my husband had a full massage .we will definately visit the spa and hotel again sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a great review. We are pleased that we have converted your husband into a spa goer. On your next visit book him the Decleor men's facial, it includes a back massage and is incredibly relaxing.
Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leavenheath
Stoke by Nayland Country Cottages
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Hintlesham Hall
Hintlesham Hall
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham

Been to Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!