All reviews get away swimming pool food was great family vacation off season nice place dining room sauna vietnam resort beach ms catch facilities vu flowers sunday
Selected filters
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

I’m in Van Chai resort from 14.12.2017 till 02.01.2018. I chose it because I like middle, small resorts in regional style. Briefly. This is beautiful place, green, calm, near sea but there is no beach. Amazing rooms and bungalows, big, comfortable and clean. But the most important is absolutely wonderful staff, very nice, friendly and helpful. I can recommend this resort.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Rafał B
Reviewed August 22, 2017

My friends and myself decided to choose Vanchai Resort for a 2 nights friends reunion stay 17-18 August 2017. It was much better than our expectation. Accomodation is excellent, very quiet and peaceful, bed is comfortable. Each villa was designed in Vietnamese imperial style with Vietnamese imperial deco which is surrounded by tropical trees and gorgeous garden.Food is good with a wide selection to suit all tastes. Massage Spa is fantastic The restaurant is set right at the beach . We really enjoyed our stay, the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.

Room tip: Choose a villa, you can have 2 double bedrooms if you go in a group
Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank phuongmwebster
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Well, there're a lot confusing things to review about this place.
The biggest cons seem to be related to the investigation of this place's owners, I think. At first, through the media info and picture, I expected this place to be a spa - retreat kind of accommodation services, which in Vietnam, it uses to be highly rated luxury. However, the facility of this place is a mediocrity compared to other similar rentals, in some extend. The overall campus is nice, a lot of trees, yeah like a lot, so as the pool area. During daytime, staying here feels relaxed and tranquil with both sea and garden in the view, there is quite much birds sound also. It is much more preferable than other high-rise building based hotels.
The room is quite nice, but it has a lack of storage, there is not any closet in my room, my clothes are hang on an exposed rack, which is not looking nice especially with kind of stuff like underwear hanged on them. Bathroom areas are not decorated well also. The rest of the room is quite nice, tidy, and theme-precise.
The biggest fault seems to be the air conditioning system, it is exactly ancient. There are 3 ACs in my room (1 for each bedrooms and 1 for the lounge), but I have to set the temp to 16 (lowest) so that it can reach by preferable temperature (around 27-28oC).
While I having lunch in the dining room an AC started to smell weird, like some electric wire burned, a few minutes later, it totally broken down (it literally had a small explosion), smoke came out with some fire sparks. The staffs was so panic but she managed to turn off the system. The meal was immediately delivered to my room.
The pros might be that despite of some extreme infrastructure fault, the staffs are fast, responsive and polite. Front desk receptionists and restaurant staffs is helpful, gently and fast (like in the panic situation I mentioned). The room services are good, everything is clean and tidy, they even ask if I need towers replacement in the afternoon despite they are replaced in the morning (because people usually go to the poor in the afternoon).
The food is a little bit disappointment in the morning buffet (but like a lot others, what to ask for?). But the lunch i had in the hotel restaurant is quite good.
Well, last but not least, the wifi is awful, I can even access to google on the first day. The speed seems not so bad, but the problem is the connection from their route or whatever broadcast the signal, it keeps disconnect constantly, 30 mins of non-interrupt network access is a precious thing.

To sum up,
View - 5/5
Facility - 2/5
Staff - 5/5
Food - 1/5 (breakfast) 4/5 (lunch)
Internet access - 0.5/5

It marked 4 stars, but it worth around 3 stars.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2017

My stay of me and my collègues was pretty much confusing, we arrived and nothing was ready even we advice them of our arrival.
The staff seems pretty surprise of our massive arrival and no welcome drink was prepared, no one for helping to carry our bags, the security was looking at us in a strange way, even after asking twice for having a welcome drink after this very hot day we finally receive "tra da" in a basic glass not enough for the quantity of guest.

The checking was a bit complicated but anyway we pass trough, we finally checked in the room and once again we were disappointed.
The room itself isn't so bad and the architecture make it cute but we quickly realize the lack of cleaning procedure by fiddling dust in many place, the towels sting ect... the sense of details is really poor.

The kids and some other adult was ready for a quick jump in the pool anyway let's enjoy is our holiday but we could find empty bottle of Fanta inside the pool and some plastic.
For me the most unpleasant point was there was no security to control the kids area.

Dîner, well after this long day fully of emotion we were all very hungry and was expecting something amazing related to te price we paid and once again we were disappointed the staff is simply not friendly at all we felt like the was serving animals and they were force to work !

In conclusion !

No smile
No friendly
No professional
No one to say hello
No happiness or relaxing place where the staff could share something with u even in the spa I felt like the lady were annoyed of my presence while she was massaging me.
No proper wifi

I consider this place fully of potential and the more highest level of position staff like: guest relation, receptionist, FB Staff were totally unqualified.

The only good memory were the cleaning staff saying hello and how are u !

This place look good but the management is terrible !

Date of stay: June 2017
2  Thank Tomodachi90
Reviewed June 6, 2017

I stayed there 1 night in July 2016. But the architecture very impression for the first saw. Really amazing, I love the staff's style, they're always happy, maybe colours of Thanh Hoa people. I promise I will comeback again! <3

Date of stay: July 2016