“First Class”

The Rising Sun
The Rising Sun
Ranked #1 of 1 Rogerstone B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My partner and I booked the same day for a meal and a room.
The service was excellent with lovely food (Recommend the mixed grill)
We later retired to the room which was lovely clean and well up to date (room 2)
Will definatley be staying again. A very pleasurable stay.
Thank You All.

Room Tip: All are good. We stayed in room 2. Very good indeed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew B

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Looks a lovely pub from the outside stopped to have a meal, worst food I have ever had my Cajun chicken was not cooked and you could see that, the waitress took it back and said it was, then reheated in microwave, avoid this place like the plague

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Tristan R
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a very good pub/restaurant. All rounder family place. Good food large servings. Good value for money. Well worth a visit with plenty if parking a children's play area and outdoor seating nearby to keep an eye on kids while having a drink.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Popped in here today for quick lunch. When we arrived we were served promptly at the bar and then we had a look at the food which is kept warm by method of a hot plate. I thought the food looked quite dry but gave it the benefit of the doubt and me and my husband ordered a jacket potato each. When it was brought over it looked ok an we started to tuck in. The jacket potato was dry to say the least and what made it worse was that there was no butter/marg or offer of any. The chilli con carne that accompanied my jacket spud tasted like it had been reheated but at it as I was starving.... My husband agreed and left majority of his potato due to its very dry taste. We didn't complain as to be honest I ha read previous reviews and it appears they don't take criticism to well so just left it and agreed that we would not frequent here again. Also noticed that the main meals were quite expensive considering that the coach and horses where we normally eat, on old st Mellon road, has much tastier food yet cheaper.
Sorry but reheating food never gets good results

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed over night on the warmest weekend of the year!! Staff were very nice and friendly. Breakfast excellent. Down side its a bit dated and we did not get any sleep as the room was too hot. Only the side window could be opened a fraction. All the other windows had been painted over. (room 6) . A fan may have been a good addition!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gibbostroud
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have been going to the Sun for well over a year and have eaten there about 30 times..... I can honestly say we have never had a bad meal there and the service has always been excellent!!
We have lunched and had evening meals from various menus/specials and have never had reason to complain or be disappointed.
I have always had a warm welcome from the Bar and the Restaurant staff every time!!

Not sure what the other reports have experienced but does not reflect the excellent experiences we have had every time we have been there!

Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GavinMaidment
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been going to this pub for many years now and have to say its a fantastic place to go for food and drink. The management and staff are always friendly and helpfull, the food is always quality and plentyfull, family friendly highly recommended.

Grahame (Alpha)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alpha_fire

Been to The Rising Sun? Share your experiences!