“Ideal stop off for working M4 corridor South Wales”

Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Langstone
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Ideal stop off for working M4 corridor South Wales”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great little hotel just off the Newport roundabout on M4. ideal for business stop over. The staff were very friendly and efficient on check in/out. Rooms good - only complaint is its a old style TV and really like to settle down and watch a bigger screen when staying alone. The lighting wasnt so good either but acceptable.
The staff in the restaurant next door were exceptional and I had a lovely steak on the meal deal so didnt break the back. Cooked lovely. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Janet and Chris L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

It only takes one thing to spoil a stay. My partner and myself were only looking for an overnight stay to break up a tedious journey so we booked the hotel in advance and got a reasonable deal. Firstly the good points... We arrived at 4pm on a Sunday, so the hotel itself was fairly quiet, check-in was courteous and smooth.
The hotel was clean and tidy and the staff were more than helpful, the room was neat and fairly roomy, however it was a little dated with the small swivel (bulbous) TV. The bathroom was clean and neat, there was a bath with a shower over it, it was utilitarian but was welcome after six hours on the road.
When we booked the room we were offered a "meal deal" at the Beefeater restaurant next door, the deal consisted of a three course evening meal and a drink plus a breakfast, it seemed like a good deal so we went for it.
The evening meal was very nice, the food was just right and there was a fair selection, the waitress that served us was lovely, chatty, polite and helpful. We were more than happy with the evening meal. The hotel was just what we wanted after a long drive and the evening meal, the bed was comfortable and the pillows were just right, it is obvious that if you stay in a hotel next to a motorway there will be road noise and this was fairly well controlled by extra glazing on the windows.
The next morning is where the well stacked house of cards came tumbling down, well and truly.
It is said that breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day, obviously this notion had well and truly passed by the Monday morning staff of Beefeater.
We were greeted by a standard welcome from the gum chewing waitress, for some reason I started hear the theme tune from Jaws in my head just about then. We ordered a full cooked breakfast, we had coffee, tea and orange juice, my partner had a small cereal to start with also, so far so good. Then it arrived... the cooked breakfast from hell! Sausages were burnt to a crisp, the hash browns were black (we renamed them crash browns) the fried eggs were crispy and swimming in oil (and the eggy/oil mix tasted like fish!) the baked beans had obviously been sitting somewhere for quite a while which showed because of the skin they had grown. The mushrooms and half a fried tomato were about the only edible things on the plate.
Now don't get me wrong, I am not a prude nor do I expect anything extravagant for the price but this breakfast was not fit for swill!!!
I don't like complaining, my partner instead went and asked the waitress for a replacement for the cremated sausages and crash browns, two minutes later she turned up (still chewing gum) with a small plate containing another cremated sausage and crash brown.
We had enough of this and voted with our feet leaving the remnants of the breakfast pile-up behind us. The waitress ignored us as we left, I'm sure she knew better than to ask us if we enjoyed our "breakfast".
We drove home, my partner had indigestion most of the day and as for me, I am writing this nine hours after the breakfast and I am still feeling bilious... Be warned of the Monday morning breakfast oh weary traveller!
As for rating our stay, we give the hotel 4* the evening meal 4* the breakfast -2*

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark S
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Upon arrival there were some 5 people ahead of me waiting to check-in, just a single member of staff on duty, so it took a while.

The TV in the room looks like it comes from the 80's,room and corridor lighting could be improved, feels a bit dull and yellowish.

I suspect some of the rooms may suffer from traffic noise from the M4 behind the hotel, though my room was fine.

Wifi is free for the first 30 minutes.

The Coldra Beefeater next door has a decent bar, staff friendly enough, reasonable enough food choices so no need to venture off elsewhere unless you really want to.

Overall the hotel is fine, clean rooms though it's one of the older Premier Inn's so it lacks the clean fresh feel of the new ones but for one night it's fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ba319131
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights and the staff were really friendly, The rooms were spotless and quiet. Beds were comfy and there was no shortage of pillows both firm and very soft.There was a harvester restaurant attached that did the breakfast which was great value and the Restaurant for dinner was really good too. The staff there were just as friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 0Trish
Whiteley, Hants
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Be warned that this hotel is next door to a lorry park which is highly flood lit and operates virtually all the time. If you don't mind having your windows closed and curtains shut then this won't cause you too much of a problem. The best thing about this hotel is its location next to the M4 at the Coldra roundabout in Newport. There is a MacDonalds next to it which is useful if you don't want to spend too much on food. Breakfast in the Brewer's Fayre next door is limited in choice. I would choose to not book breakfast if i stayed next time and simply pop over to Macs for porridge or a McMuffin and a cup of tea. Beds are not the usual memory foam but hard sprung mattresses which you may or may not like.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the Brewers Fayre side and hope there are not any noisy parties. At least then you c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of standards and service in all our establishments, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this.

Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Parking can be problematic if you get there in the evening as we found out on this occasion. No offer for kids' entertainment, if there was, we weren't informed. You can take a stroll to the adjacent Beefeater or Macdonalds for meals, though I prefer cooked breakfast. One of the quieter PI I have stayed at compared to the others I've been to which are near main routes. Bathroom was fairly clean as I am very particular about this. TV was the humped one though a tv is a tv as long as you can see a good picture!

Room Tip: Not sure if there's a gym or fitness room as asked above.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Recently stayed for 4 nights with my 2 young sons. Room was very clean and comfortable. We each had our own comfortable bed in a spacious room. Bathroom was spotless and had a great shower. Breakfast was very good, varied and plentiful, the highlight of my sons stay. Staff were courteous, professional, friendly and helpful, especially the lovely waitress at breakfast who handed my sons some extra muffins for their day out and long car journey. Handy location for M4 for days out. Very hot when I stayed so room could have done with a fan. Other than that, would definitely recommend and will stay again.

Room Tip: For good wifi access ask for a room closer to reception.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langstone
Holiday Inn Express Newport
Hampton by Hilton Newport East
Coldra Court Hotel
Coldra Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Langstone

Been to Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel? Share your experiences!