“Ladies Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Once a month 5/6 ladies meet up here for lunch and we have never been disappointed in the 2 years we have been regulars. It is a compact but cosy restaurant with a tasty lunch menu with additional daily specials. The prices are reasonable and the staff are friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Janet E

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Once again another superb meal. Came last month and the waitress remembered us. Asked for the merlot but couldn't remember which one I had on a previous visit so she brought 3 bottles. We recognised the bottle. I had pizza again, my friend had the fish special, the kids had a pizza and spaghetti bolognaise. We shared the best garlic bread ever. We all cleared our plates. Both children had a dessert. A fantastic place and beautiful food. Keep it up

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have been going in this lovely little place for a few years when it had its previous owners and was callled poppies. I called in a couple of weeks ago and frankly was dissapointed . the lady that served me could not even crack a smile or even say morning. I ordered a vegetarian breakfast that was stone cold . the place was in darkness and cold. when I went to pay the same lady was at the desk again no thank you from here or smile.
angelos you need to get a grip and improve your customer service, food and overall approach
this use to be a busy little place , it was empty and was around lunchtime and i am not surprised wont be going back or recommending it to friends or family in the future

3  Thank jackie f f
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I popped into Angelos with my wife for a lunchtime snack and was very disappointed with the food and service. This is a cosy little place that does not seem to know if it is a café or a bistro. Ordered a jacket potato with tuna mayo, salad and homemade coleslaw. What arrived was a pale undercooked micro spud that was hard, a couple of pieces off undressed lettuce and no coleslaw. Sent the spud back and was told that they did not have any more cooked so opted for a tuna mayo sandwich on brown bread. Arrived on white processed bread together with two lukewarm lattés. Lost the will to live at that point and staff looked like they were suffering from a severe case of boredom. Maybe caught the place on a bad day but a very disappointing lunchtime visit especially in view of the previous good reviews.

3  Thank Jason H
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Have been coming to Angelos for over a year now as a family of four. You cannot beat the children's menu of any small dish plus drink and ice cream for £3.95. Have tried pastas, pizzas, steaks, fish and chicken dishes: all great. Desserts are large and wine is good also. The service is always excellent and the staff are very welcoming. Would advise booking even early evening as we have been lucky to get a table en spec on many occasions.

1  Thank Karen187053