“Lovely decor but freezing Resturaunt”
Review of Ciao Baby

Ciao Baby
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Egerton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the 2Nd and it will be the last. Our 1 st visit was great , good food, friendly staff and I could wait to go again.
Went on Friday the 18 th January and was seated near the kitchen and every time the door opened it blew in a gale and we were all freezing. The staff gave us calor gas heater but then other staff kept moving it , we had to share was the comment when I asked them not to move the heater.

Food was lovely but although there was only 3 of us they served 2 starters and we had to ask for the 3rd. 2 of us had nearly finished before the 3 rd one came .
The owner made a joke with us when we asked where the other starter was.

Disappointed with their Resturaunt as when you get the food it's lovely but other things let the place down.

There are newer reviews for Ciao Baby

Reviewed January 7, 2013

where do i start,this is the most friendly of places,no matter what day we come here it is always busy,due to the high standard of food and service,,make sure you book prior,otherwise you may have a long wait,,the waiters and waitresses are always on hand to give the best service,,gorgeous food,much recommended

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Having visiting numerous Italian restaurants in Lancashire we found our first experience at this restaurant very pleasant with an enjoyable meal.
From the moment we walked in through the main entrance we were greeted by two members of staff who were very attentive. We had booked a table for 7pm and were immediately shown to a choice of tables, once settled we were asked if we wanted any drinks. We ordered a bottle of house wine and this was quickly brought to the table along with two large glasses which throughout the meal were always topped up.
Our order was taken within a comfortable amount of time, and the starter - garlic bread with chillies arrived shortly after. We could see the kitchen staff throughout our meal preparing and cooking everything and the kitchen seemed well organised.
After finishing our garlic bread, the waiter cleared our table and asked if we would like a break before our mains. We said we would be happy to eat whenever it was ready. With a short break our mains arrived, I had Pollo Piccanto served with crunchy veg as I like it and my husband had sirloin pasta. Both mains were absolutely delicious and full of flavours compliments to the chef.There are plenty of staff who are always on hand to attend to your needs and nothing is too much trouble. The restaurant had a lovely atmosphere and decorated to a good standard and taste, Only problem was we were too full to even look at the desert menu :) We were so impressed with the whole experience that we have booked again for two weeks time.

1  Thank susan w
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Visited Ciao Baby when it first opened (visit their other restaurant, Baci on a regular basis). Waited over 45 minutes for starter and even longer for mains. Decided to cancel the main course and asked to speak to owner. No apologies or gesture. Visited again just to give the place another try, NEVER AGAIN! Only 16 people in the place and forgot to bring my second drink through, no apologies. Realised that my main meal didn't consist of prawns but crayfish!! I asked to speak to the manager and he insisted that they were prawns (never in a million years were they prawns, my friend had the same meal and she said the same!!).

Forget this place!!!!!!

3  Thank jww1972
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My starter was a prawn and mushroom concoction from the special Christmas menu. The wine sauce was thin and a bit tasteless.It lacked seasoning and garlic kick.In reality it looked and tasted more like a small portion of mushroom and prawn soup. A small piece of toasted ciabatta on the side would have been a nice addition.

My pizza rustica main was also disappointing. Again, it lacked seasoning and flavour. The bottom on the base was a bit tough and the whole thing didn't have that cooked from fresh dough and fresh ingredients feel and taste I would have expected. OK but that's all.

The restaurant itself is very nice and stylish and the service was good but, the meal itself fell short of expectations.

It wasn't particularly busy on the last Sunday evening before Christmas so perhaps that tells its own story.

My wife was happy with her meal so maybe I was just unlucky.

1  Thank RossyFan