“Amazing place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longridge
Jenkinsons Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Longridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we drove up the driveway and over the little bridge i knew this was a special place, the detail built into this place is outstanding, and is only surpassed by the wonderful hospitality shown by elsie. we were greeted with cakes and tea and scones and a tour of this grand old house, and as a builder i was impressed by the commitment shown to the work. l noticed that a few comments were about locks on doors, our room had a snib on the inside but we didnt even use it. we sat and watched the news and some of the para olympics in the main lounge with other guests and it was nice to share where we came from and where we've been, so in short a wonderful stay with great service and top ammenities.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We recently stayed at Jenkinsons Farm on our way back from Scotland (it was recommended by a friend), it is very conveniently located 10 minutes from the M6, but you feel like you are in the middle of the countryside it is so peaceful! As we approached the farmhouse I was instantly enchanted by the beautiful farmhouse and surrounding gardens. Stepping inside we were warmly greeting by Elsie the proprietor, an amazing lady with a real passion for her B&B and the antiques that adorn it, and many an amusing tale to tell. She served us tea and beautiful homemade cakes and toasted teacakes in the lounge which is a feast for the eyes with all the antique furniture and adornments - who needs boring old TV! There are plenty of books and information on the surrounding walks etc to keep you entertained.
Our room was immaculate and Elsie's creative energy and attention to detail are evident in the room and bathroom which was just across the hall.
I chose not to have a full breakfast (we had already had too many cooked breakfasts), just poached eggs a spot of bacon which I can't resist and it was so tasty I wished I'd had the full breakfast!
There are no TVs in the room, so it is truly peaceful and a good nights rest is guaranteed, but there is a TV in the lounge if you really can't live without it for a night or two.
Overall I would highly recommend staying here, especially if you want to get away from it all, Elsie is the perfect host and you will feel instantly at home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lmoray
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have just come back from 2 nights at Jenkinsons. Have sampled various B&Bs in Lancashire as we regularly visit the area to see my sisters but I can honestly say this was a huge cut above anywhere else we have ever stayed at. Everything was wonderful from the beautifully comfortable bedroom with personal bathroom opposite to the tea and homemade cakes on arrival. Elsie's thoughtful touches like her note suggesting local car boot sales and fairs was lovely. The location is magical and a nice walk along a country lane to get to the White Bull Inn for excellent food is a bonus when you don't always want to drive. Will definitely stay here next time we visit Lancashire, anywhere else would feel disappointing after Jenkinsons!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ada B
Reviewed June 23, 2012

14 of us arrived to a wonderful welcome, tea and homemade cakes. The house is traditional farm house where every room has been carefully fitted out to suit the house, but every room is very different. The whole house is furnished with appropriate items , many serious antiques, a lifetime's collection. We had a large lounge with open fire ( this month has been cold and wet) comfortable furniture and a genuinely friendly hostess. There are a pub with food and an Italian restaurant about half a mile, we chose Franco's and were well pleased.We all had a good night's sleep and were greeted with the best cooked and presented full English breakfast we have ever had. So it was a wonderful experience in a beautiful setting

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Eric T
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed 2 nights as a valentine treat with my Fiancee. Could not have been better in any way. Warm welcome with tea and cake in front of the fire. Extremely clean and comfy. Mrs Ibison is the perfect hostess and helped us decide where to visit and eat out during our stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have just returned this morning from a 1 night stay at Jenkinson Farm Bed and Breakfast and you know what.... I did not want to leave. I booked it as a surprise getaway for my Fiancee for her birthday and after the usual research I decided to choose Jenkinsons.

Booking was easy, a quick phone call to Mrs Ibison or ( Elsie ) as you will soon be calling her and I was greeted by a war, and charming telephone manner. I asked for availablity and knew it was last minute but was told that there had been a cancellation and there was a double room left for us, perfect! Working in the 5 star hotel sector myself I am a lover of attention to detail, and have a great passion for service and the whole experience from start to finish was a pleasure.

Tucked away down a secret tree lined country lane, squirrels, rabbits, and a wide range of birdlife seemed to all know about Jenkinsons, and now so did we. There it was, a beautful detached stone residence surrounded by landscaped gardens, a stone bridge over a small lake, ample parking surrounding the property, WOW factor is an understatement.

Hot tea, coffee, toasted tea cakes and homemade chocolate cake was instantly brought through to us as we were taken through to the sitting room all served with the finest china. We were then shown to our room, 4 poster bed, beamed ceiling, beaut immaculate throughout, and on the dresser a birthday card for my Fiancee from Mrs Ibison, what a touch!!

Breakfast in the morning was Fantastic, we felt like we were at home. Served between 7 and 9am, all local produce, gammon, bacon poached eggs, sausage ,succulent mushrooms, tomatoes and toast, not forgetting the muesli with honey and banana, fresh orange juice, tea, coffee , the finest cutlery and china etc etc I could not have asked for more.

We had the use of our bathroom which was just across the hall , free standing bath, beams throughout, rain head shower everything you could need all spotlessly clean.

We are keeping this one close to our hearts and will without doubt be back as soon as possible.

Thank you for a wonderful evening and complete and utter 5 star hospitality and service from the one woman team that was Mrs Ibison.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dominic W
Reviewed March 24, 2012

No, I have not been to all the other farms stays, so maybe the caption is a bit misleading. However, that siad I do not know how this could be bettered. I have stayed here twice now and look forward to my next viist. Mrs Ibison is wonderful and it is always a pleasuer to meet her. Her house is exceptional and could not be betered by a five star hotel , which could never achieve the same level of hospitality and welcome she provides. This farm stay is a gem and should not to be missed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank HolgerssonNils

Been to Jenkinsons Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!