“Fun kayaking adventure”

Freeport, Maine, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Fun kayaking adventure”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was a fun afternoon for my son and I. Not only was the owner accommodating and picked us up at the Dockyard, but our tour guide Dustin really knew his local history. It's a great location, with a nice trip around Daniel's Head (one point of measurement for the Bermuda Triangle) and a loop around the Vixen shipwreck. My favorite part was that we were never rushed....

Visited April 2014

usa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Snorkeling without getting face wet”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We saw this online and decided to try it.... Clear bottom kayaks were awesome. Our tour guide was well versed in the history of the Island of Bermuda. It was a choppy day but we went anyway. It made for a little more exercise which we were all willing to do as we were on a cruise ship and well fed. We went out to a sunken ship called the Vixen and learned of the history and difficulty in sinking it.
There is a great beach to snorkel at the end of the kayaking. The owner (Wally) and his son are accommodating, even gave us a lift back to our ship... They are fun loving group of people and will make sure you have good time.

Elburn, Illinois
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Bad weather - had to cancel, but Wally understood that safety came first”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am very sorry to say that the day we had scheduled, there were small boat advisories out due to high winds and were forced to cancel. This was extremely disappointing, especially due to the fact we weren't able to reschedule. Wally was very understanding and said that safety comes first. I have it high on my list of things to do is to come back to Bermuda, specifically for this! I appreciate Wally's understanding and hope to make it back soon.

1 Thank tmyil Y
Toronto, Canada
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We did the sunset kayak excursion and loved every minute of it. Wally the owner was great to deal with and made the experience fun. The glass bottom kayaks were in top shape. We went out to see the sea turtles and then rowed out to the sunken Vixen to feed the fish and watch the sunset from a perfect spot. Coming back in you got to hear all the Bermuda tree frogs singing at night. A perfect end to the day. I would strongly recommend this adventure. It was well worth the time and money. Thanks Wally.

1 Thank Sean M
Marlboro, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Trip”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We recently visited Bermuda on Aug 28th and took the Sunset Kayak tour with Crystal Clear Kayaks. We left from the dockyard and took a taxi which cost us about $15.00 for the four of us. When we arrived the owner was getting everything ready and greeted us as soon as we pulled up. Both the tour guide Dustin and the owner were very accommodating. We saw turtles, fed the fish which almost jumped into our boat and kayaked over some beautiful coral which the lights illuminated since it was the sunset tour. We also saw the shipwreck the Vixen. As we were out, the owner waited in his office for our return. He drove us back to the dockyard after we were through. This was all in all a great experience. Dustin was very experienced in the water so we all felt very safe. I went with my family which include my husband, myself my two daughters 11 and 13. When I booked I indicated that I wanted to singles and one double and that was exactly what was waiting. I would definitely do this again. All the equipment was nice and in perfect condition. If you are going to go kayaking in Bermuda you should check him out. It will be worth your time.

Visited August 2013