“The salad was ok....”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rochester, NY
“The salad was ok....”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The menu looked very promising but we started with very stale (albeit warmed) rolls and some off tasting wine. The house salad was good, but then we waited 40 minutes for the grilled catch of the day & an almond crusted snapper. Somehow we both received the same fish dinner (neither seemed to be quite what we ordered) and since no one checked in with us we cold not tell them. The whole meal was uninspiring & rather terrible.
If you eat just try some of the pub food

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TravelGirl0716

Maine
“Nice Change”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed at the Cambridge Beaches Resort and needed a change of venue for dinner and this was an easy walk. The food was average but the service was quite poor, considering we were only 1 of the 3 occupied tables. Probably won't return, though the folks were very nice, just not terribly motivated.

• Visited November 2013
Wilmington Island, Georgia
“Shame on me for returning”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visited this restaurant last year and came away from it thinking "it had to be an off night". Not sure what I was thinking, but we returned this year and brought our friends with us. The place was empty (excluding one other couple)...it was literally empty. We really liked our server. Unfortunately, he was new and poorly trained. When I'm in Bermuda, I'm living on island time. Nothing is hurried and I'm never in a rush. Having said that...I was afraid the sun might come up before we finished dinner. I started looking around for a TV camera because I was sure we were being punked. The food was acceptable at best. There are dozens of restaurants that want and need your business. Just minutes away at the dockyard is the "Bonefish Grill" (great service) or "Frog and Onion" (good service). Both offer overpriced fare, but worth it when compared to this dining experience.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BrettLoehr
UK
“Nice view from patio, food disappointing”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Visited for lunch, after reading the previous reviews and sadly I agree with 'waltercook'.
Drinks and food order was taken and arrived in good time but food definately not the same standard as last year we visited, i ordered exactly the same thing and firstly presentation left something to be desired and the tuna was only rare in the centre the outside was tough dry and overdone. My partner did enjoy his burger and chips although said it didnt compare to the ones he had at 'Mickeys' on Elbow beach.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JOBSON09
Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand
“"service?"”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I know things can move slow .... but this was painful. It was polite and friendly when it finally arrived ..... but don't go if you're in a rush or watching the clock. Sushi was ok, BUT very expensive for the quality we received. Drinks were good and would have ordered another but just did not have the time.

Visited August 2013