“Great Relaxing atmosphere”
Review of The Funky Lizard

The Funky Lizard
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Paengaroa
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I always enjoy the time I spend at the Funky Lizard. Music jams on Fridays, live bands on Sundays... so laid back it's a fabulous place to unwind with friends.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Found this place by accident. A friend and I went for a Sunday afternoon drive from Rotorua and stopped for a coffee. Great country style, bobo, retro, arty, laid back atmosphere. A very good band was playing 80's music.....stuff I grew up on. Had a very nice coffee and yummy apple shortcake with cream and sing along. If you want 'hoity toity' its not for you. We are definitely coming back again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have been here many times and had variable experiences. My most recent visit was excellent and I can only use one word to describe my meal - Devine !!!
Its casual and laid back, an amazing array of choices to eat and this time everyone enjoyed their meal and they were raving about it afterwards.

the service was also excellent

Let down in the past - being forgotten, not receiving meal in a group, cold coffee, followed by a return of the same cup that had been microwaved to boiling point and a really snarly waitress - It boils down to having good wait staff at the end of the day I'm sure.....

My general criticisms- the place needs a wine list. I'm not into drinking whatever's in stock at the time, and I object to paying top dollar for an unnamed wine of the waitresses choice - quite bizarre. Outdoors is becoming a little too rustic, could do with a spruce up

All in all I like this place and would return hoping to strike it on a good day

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We often stop of here on our way home from Lake Rotoiti for lunch. Lovely food, and the "jamming" sessions on Sundays are well worth stopping to listen too.
A very 'funky' place to visit with 'funky' chairs and tables. Some lovely crafts and paintings are also for sale there.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Absolutely the worst experience i have ever had, over an hour for berry smoothie and being treated like crap by the staff when giving criticism. Hopefully you can find some way to improve as an establishment, I hardly see this business going anywhere unless they can improve people skills.

2  Thank Todd J