“Hamilton Girls”
Review of Briars Horse Trek - CLOSED

Briars Horse Trek
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Horse back ride with Briar through peaceful kiwi fruit forests, alongside the beautiful Kaituna River and across magnificent farm land. Situated south of Te Puke in the country side at Paengaroa. Get away from the hustle and bustle of life and ride your horse among stunning New Zealand farm and forest with sun dappled trails, calves and sheep.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I went with my family(mum, sister.)We had a great time! The horses are lovely. Mine was Sally. It was a lovely view!! -Melissa .
The ride was amazing. I really enjoyed myself we tasted the wine berries they were yum! the horses and instructors were friendly and I recommend going for a ride for all ages you will have an amazing time. -Nicole
First time I had been a horse for 30 years was freaking out but when I met the instructors I immediately knew and felt comfortable that I was in great care of the guides. The whole experience and the confidence it had given me was amazing. It was such cool fun being out in the fresh air and exploring the scenery The atmosphere was awesome the guides were awesome and horses were fantastic. (good natured and relaxed). I absolutely loved it and wanted to spend more time there. I would definitely do it again. Donna

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The forest scenery was breathtaking. The horses were so easy to handle and they had good temperaments. Briar was lovely nice and friendly not to mention very generous. Caters for all experience levels if you just want to walk the horses are happy to do so or if you prefer to go a bit or a lot faster than walking the horses are more than happy to do that for you.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I recently went on a 3hr ($150) ride with a friend here and we had a great time! The horses were lovely and responsive, in excellent physical condition (unlike many trail horses you see) and the trails were beautiful. A particular highlight for me was riding through the pine forest while stuffing our faces with the wild raspberries which grew all along the trail! Yum!
Having had my own horses for years I was rather unaccustomed to the idea of paying such a huge fee for the simple act of going on a trail ride. In the end, however, I really felt like I got my money's worth thanks to the diversity of the lovely scenery (meadows, pine and fern tree forests, the river and a waterfall!), views, wildlife that we saw, the horses and our guide. Take your camera, there are so many great photo ops!
I can't recommend Briar's horse trekking highly enough!
Andrea

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The people give great directions and very good communication after booking.
The guides were relaxed and friendly. I would have liked to prepare my own horse as I have riden for years. The ride was lovely, my friend and I enjoyed it and they catered for both our experience levels. Thanks for a great trek.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My Japanese husband and I travelled with our friends and family (13 people in total) to NZ recently. We contacted Briar in advance and organised a time that would suit us all.
Briar and her team took 10 adults on a 1 hour trek through the farm and bush, stopping to tell us about the land, plants, animals and scenery. Everyone had a brilliant time!
The two children and their Dad had a pony ride around the farm which the kids said was the hightlight of their time in NZ!
It was my second time riding with Briar, and I wasvery happy to be reunited with "Jake", the horse I rode last time.
Thank you very much to Briar and her team for a great kiwi experience!