“Great horses, gorgeous place.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Briars Horse Trek
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Te Puke
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Horse back ride with Briar through peaceful kiwi fruit forests, alongside the beautiful Kaituna River and across magnificent farm land. Situated south of Te Puke in the country side at Paengaroa. Get away from the hustle and bustle of life and ride your horse among stunning New Zealand farm and forest with sun dappled trails, calves and sheep.
Papamoa, New Zealand
“Great horses, gorgeous place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

The people give great directions and very good communication after booking.
The guides were relaxed and friendly. I would have liked to prepare my own horse as I have riden for years. The ride was lovely, my friend and I enjoyed it and they catered for both our experience levels. Thanks for a great trek.

Visited January 2014

Oki-gun, Shimane, Japan
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My Japanese husband and I travelled with our friends and family (13 people in total) to NZ recently. We contacted Briar in advance and organised a time that would suit us all.
Briar and her team took 10 adults on a 1 hour trek through the farm and bush, stopping to tell us about the land, plants, animals and scenery. Everyone had a brilliant time!
The two children and their Dad had a pony ride around the farm which the kids said was the hightlight of their time in NZ!
It was my second time riding with Briar, and I wasvery happy to be reunited with "Jake", the horse I rode last time.
Thank you very much to Briar and her team for a great kiwi experience!

Visited January 2014
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
“A Staff Christmas Party with a Difference!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

First, let me say on behalf of The Healing Room Team that we ALL enjoyed our time with your team and the horses. We are so glad we took up your suggestion to do the Eagala part of the afternoon – it certainly added to our experience. Your guides on the trail ride were excellent in helping us feel comfortable and push our boundaries a little. It’s been a long time since I spent any time with horses and it was a pleasure to be in the country and enjoying the animals.
Lynn R.

Visited December 2013
Tauranga, New Zealand
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Love the horses and the scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I organise trips for students who are learning english locally and decided to take a group of 10 to Briars horse treks. We have 3 very experienced riders and the rest were beginners, quite a challenging situation to keep everyone happy but they did it so well allowing the more experienced riders to veer off onto a short detour which they could run their horses through while we walked along the other track watching them go for it!!
The horses are beautiful and so well trained, the were quite cheeky too when we stopped for lunch by the river and they were over our shoulders trying to eat the food :) We thought that was very cute.
The scenery is stunning and the river is gorgeous I wanted to hop of the horse and set up camp :)

Visited September 2013
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Very patient with the kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Took my 9 yr old daughter and her friend. Her friend was a bit scared of horses but the staff (the two Jess's) were absolutely awesome. I was very impressed with how patient and nice they were as we all tried to get the scared little girl on her horse. Once she got on she loved it and is no longer scared of horses. Good times.

Visited October 2013