“Love the horses and the scenery”
Review of Briars Horse Trek - CLOSED

Briars Horse Trek
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Horse back ride with Briar through peaceful kiwi fruit forests, alongside the beautiful Kaituna River and across magnificent farm land. Situated south of Te Puke in the country side at Paengaroa. Get away from the hustle and bustle of life and ride your horse among stunning New Zealand farm and forest with sun dappled trails, calves and sheep.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I organise trips for students who are learning english locally and decided to take a group of 10 to Briars horse treks. We have 3 very experienced riders and the rest were beginners, quite a challenging situation to keep everyone happy but they did it so well allowing the more experienced riders to veer off onto a short detour which they could run their horses through while we walked along the other track watching them go for it!!
The horses are beautiful and so well trained, the were quite cheeky too when we stopped for lunch by the river and they were over our shoulders trying to eat the food :) We thought that was very cute.
The scenery is stunning and the river is gorgeous I wanted to hop of the horse and set up camp :)

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Took my 9 yr old daughter and her friend. Her friend was a bit scared of horses but the staff (the two Jess's) were absolutely awesome. I was very impressed with how patient and nice they were as we all tried to get the scared little girl on her horse. Once she got on she loved it and is no longer scared of horses. Good times.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Thankyou so much for a lovely morning, We all thoroughly enjoyed our ride, the beautiful scenery and the very placid horses.
We had 7 people with very littl or no experience and it all went very well, I would definately recommend this trek to others.
Thanks again, We will definately be back

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Thankyou so much for the experiance and adventure you provided for myself and my family. Taking my Daughters age 9 and 16 and their Cousins age 9 and 7 two of which had never ridden horses before i was unsure how they would cope. The staff of Briars Horse Trek were and are amazing i recommend the trek to any beginner as you are catered for and looked after,
Thank you so much for giving my girls a wonderful memory of our holiday back in New Zealand

Reviewed August 3, 2013

It's so great to be able to jump in the saddle again on sound horses and experience a local slice of the beautiful NZ bush and stunning river that is the Kaituna. An awesome way to spend an afternoon and worth every dollar. Thanks to your team, we'll be back for sure!