“Beautiful scenery and tranquil surroundings”
Review of Briars Horse Trek - CLOSED

Briars Horse Trek
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Horse back ride with Briar through peaceful kiwi fruit forests, alongside the beautiful Kaituna River and across magnificent farm land. Situated south of Te Puke in the country side at Paengaroa. Get away from the hustle and bustle of life and ride your horse among stunning New Zealand farm and forest with sun dappled trails, calves and sheep.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I work alongside our local youth and I have taken two of the young people I support to the horse trek as a form of therapy. With the encouragement and support of Briar, and the opportunity to be able to care and ride Briar's lovely horses, my two young people have grown each week in self-esteem and confidence. The setting is peaceful and calm and allows for great conversations and opportunities for further development. A big thank you to Briar, will definately be visiting again.

There are newer reviews for Briars Horse Trek

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I took my two daughters horse trekking with Briars Forest and Riverside Horse Trek for a special weekend treat. One of my daughters has ridden alot and is very confident, my other daughter has ridden a bit and I was a very nervous, inexperienced adult. Briar matched us perfectly to horses that suited our abilities and we all enjoyed this picturesque trek. I would highly recommend to others.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

It was great fun! I have never been horse trekking before but Briar is so relaxed and friendly that I felt at ease straight away and throughly enjoyed the trip. The horses are really well behaved also, we even got to do a lil trotting. I highly recommend!!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great trek with great horses catering for all abilities. Attentive and friendly staff, ready to help point out the most scenic parts of the countryside or give tips on riding technique. Plenty of chances to trot or canter for those with experience.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a great trek if you have never been on a horse before and also if you are an experienced horse rider. You get given a horse to match your experience, the horses we so well behaved and placid. We went with a large group of friends and one of the girls in the group had never been riding before so was a little nervous, however after been given one of the older horses, her nerves soon went and she had such a great time, and wants to come back. We had two guides including Briar herself and they were most friendly and attentive to us at all times. There was also a chance to trot, gallop or canter for those who wanted. (our group decided to stay with trotting). We were given instructions before we set off on how to ride, stop and steer the horse and also how to sit properly, which came in handy for those less experience riders. We used a platform to get up onto the horse which made it very easy to get on/off.

The scenery was most beautiful, we went on the 1 1/2 treck and spotted deer, ducks, turkeys, pigs, sheep, cows. We went trekking through beautiful woodland, past rivers and lush green pastures, we got to see lots of beautiful views.

A great day out with a group of friends and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to explore some beautiful New Zealand scenery, whether they are experienced on horses or whether they have never even sat on a horse before.

Can't wait until the next time :-)