Glenaire Cottages
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbird seedoutdoor spawood fireforest cottagethe great ocean roadperfect retreatjohanna beachrelaxing weekendcape otwaycosy cottageapollo baywalk in showerfull kitchentwo nightsprivate rainforestpetsproperty
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in the Cove Cottage for our anniversary In June 2013 and were mesmerized by the views the second we walked in. The cabin was wonderful, extremely clean and secluded - it felt like we were the only ones around for miles. The log fire was fantastic, the kitchen was fully kitted out ready for any meal and there were lots of little thoughtful extras provided that we wouldn't have even thought of bringing.
We have two high jumping dogs and the fenced area was perfect for them! The owners also provided water and food bowls for them, just in case, and extra blankets in case the pooches wanted to lie on the sofa with us or sleep on our bed. It really is SUPER dog friendly!
We had a lovely barbeque under a full moon, great walks on Glenaire's private walking tracks and it was all so beautiful that my partner chose it as the location for a marriage proposal!!
And the spa!! My goodness, it was wonderful!! Sitting in a hot spa under the stars with a couple of drinks and a shiny ring on my finger was pure heaven!!
We would DEFINITELY recommend this place and will certainly be going back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil and Bo M, Owner at Glenaire Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

So glad your anniversary was so enjoyable for you all.
Congratulations on your engagement, we hope to see you back to celebrate more anniversaries.
Long life & lots of luck to you both

Reviewed June 13, 2013

So me and the wife decided to go here for our anniversary. Good choice!!! Ended up arriving at dark and when I woke up the next morning, WOW the view was amazing! We took the opportunity to tour around and see the sites which this is a great place to begin from. House amenities is very much suitable with a great spa and coonara fireplace. Was very satisified as I wasnt looking for 5 star hotel feel, but rather a home away from home. We got it here!

Bo and Neil were very friendly so happy to accomodate. Provided us with a food trail guide which was a great day out and all in all I cannot wait to come back again. Perhaps next time I will walk around the grounds more and have a BBQ. It was cold and rainy so chilling in front of the fire was the best.

Some tips to make the house better:
1. Umm......to be honest I got none!

When I left to return house, I stupidly left some clothing behind to which it was collected, cleaned and mailed back by Bo. Thank you so much for everything! Like Arnold says...."I'll be back!"

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil and Bo M, Owner at Glenaire Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your kind response. We love it when our guests enjoy our beautiful property as much as we do.
Asta la vista!! as Arnie also says.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Loved this place, we traveled as a group of four with two little dogs and stayed in the forest cottage. So spacious with cute furnishings and a massive fireplace perfect for roasting marshmellows and potatoes for a midnight snack. The property is huge with beautiful views and the entire experience felt like we were camping in luxury. It is not a 5*luxury hotel quality however, having said that the experience and set up of this place is completely different and it is the type of place you would go if you wanted a home away from home and a great place to take your doggies for a hike out in nature. For a dog-friendly place, it is more than perfect and so clean. It is very hard to find accommodation around Victoria that is dog friendly and not old and dirty. This place is definitely one of the best dog friendly places around Victoria!

Neil was extremely friendly and more than willing to help. There were a few hiccups with the water tank and empty match boxes (which means we couldnt start a fire) but Neil was very apologetic and came to our cottage straight away to fix the problem. Wouldn't even really call it a problem!

The hiking track was heaps of fun if you are up for a little hike and we had the pleasure of meeting some of the gorgeous pet sheep at the bottom of the hill! Our dog was only a puppy when we went so it was extremely handy to have a fenced area especially for your pets.

The only thing I would suggest is to have more kitchen amenities like cooking oil, salt, pepper etc as sometimes you forget to bring these things but other than that it was a well stocked kitchen!

Loved this property, it was a perfect place to just laze around and relax after a few months of hard work, it was a shame we didn't get to stay longer as it just felt like a tease, we would definitely return for a longer stay next time!

Room Tip: Forest cottage is perfect for a group of 4!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Neil and Bo M, Owner at Glenaire Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thanks Janice for your lovely review. Clearly you enjoyed it for what it is meant to be. And be advised that fresh virgin olive oil, black peppercorns and a brass Turkish pepper grinder are sitting conveniently above the microwave oven. Look forward to seeing you again. Neil & Bo.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

What can I say but amazing cottages and amazing hospitality from Bo & Neil. I come from a hospitality background myself and Glenaire Cottages impressed me. It is a magic place to unwind & relax. The cottage has everything you need including tea & coffee. The property is magic with the most amazing view.

The cottage is well presented and clean. The spa on the balcony is wonderful and at night the stars blanket the sky. Bo even bought some tea light candles which was a lovely touch to make the evenings perfect.

Thunder our dog enjoyed his stay and the accommodation was perfect for him, with a great fenced off area with views to dye for.

I highly recommend this property and wish that we had many more like it in Victoria

Thank you Bo & Neil - money well spent

Room Tip: This place is fantastic - lake cottage
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed in Cove Cottage for 2 nights. All rooms were good sizes, was clean, and kitchen equipped with all the usual utensils, as well as tea bags, coffee and cooking oil. The view was amazing out over the tree tops and countryside which you could enjoy from the lounge or from the spa on the veranda. The Spa (a jet bath) was a nice touch, albeit a little small and I would have loved the veranda to get the afternoon sun.... No restaurants in walking distance - was a cafe nearby, but you can't walk those roads. Great restaurant in 10 minute drive away. Undercover gas BBQ available (although ours was infested with ants), and a fully enclosed space if you brought a dog along. Owner greeting very friendly and informative of area and things to do. Bed very firm and pillows hard.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple