Victoria Warehouse Hotel
$33
$83
The Thistlewood(Stretford)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsold traffordquirky hotelunusual placeindustrial feelrooms are basiclounge areawould stay againshower gelcity centrecomfy bedfootball groundmanchester unitedyogurtsculpturescinematramcanal
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Now i don't know what you expect from your hotels but safe to say I'm a bit of a hotel snob and always expect them to deliver that that they've led me to expect. This hotel was booked for me by a client as I was working. This place blew my expectations to bits. It was really cheap - included a breakfast the next day - which was better than most hotel breakfasts i've come across. Good selection of fresh juices, coffee, tea, cooked options, cereals, toasts, pastries.
The bar, which was open till 3am (if you're into that kind of thing) has an eclectic set and really bohemian and cool.

Being a warehouse the room didn't have any windows and was pretty basic. But the bed was comfortable, everything was clean. The tea and coffee facilities weren't hidden away in an attempt to look minimal - the tea was "clipper" brand, so good and not mass commercial crap.

I fully enjoyed by 2 nights there and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Be aware - its a little bit quirky and diffeent…but a brilliant experience. Kind of like a home from home prison cell……that sounds worse than it really is. But give it a go - you never know, you might like it.

Room Tip: Go for a double room if you're used to a large bed. It won't be super king but the single may be a bit of a shock to your system.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed March 3, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here for one night and knew it was potentially going to be querky. The service we received was very friendly and when we didn't initially get the correct room it was sorted out immediately. If you're looking for any kind of luxury I would possibly look for another place to stay but if you literally want to get your head down it serves a purpose. The rooms generally don't have windows and the walls are just painted brick work. The bed was comfy enough but squeaked every time you moved. There was a kettle, tea and coffee, hairdryer and adequate shower room. It was clean but very basic. The breakfast was nice with a choice of cooked or cereals and fruit. For such a large space it had a friendly atmosphere and there was plenty of space in the lounge area and also had a bar.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I broke down in Manchester and had to find a room for the night, did an internet search premier inn £70 too much found Victoria warehouse hotel £35.99 with breakfast good value. My first impression ok you get what you paid for. When I booked in at reception I was told none of the rooms have a window (me very claustrophobic) the very nice girl took me too the room to show me the size wasn’t too bad so I stayed the night. The staff where very friendly the whole place had a very rustic look about it I thought it was very cosy, breakfast was ok again staff very friendly. The only bad bit I found was yes the heavy steel doors into the hotel and in the room there was no heating control and if you wanted to use the kettle you had to put it on the floor to plug it in. also the TV was wall mounted and could no swivel so you could not watch it in bed. So total score 7out of 10

Room Tip: if a single traveller book a double they are a bit bigger
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was a little pessimistic about booking this hotel given some of the pictures and reviews, but with a free breakfast, great location and great deal for the room I deicided to give it a go and it didn't disappoint.
The reception/ bar and dining area is characterful and the room, despite a few repairs that could be undertaken (room 109) was perfectly acceptable for £40 a night for two people, including breakfast. The bed was so comfortable I missed the breakfast so can't comment on the quality of this. I did however eat the Thai Green Curry on offer which for £6.95 was superb. Very flavoursome and enjoyable, I would definatley return to the hotel when in the area next.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business