Victoria Warehouse Hotel
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
All reviewsold traffordquirky hotelunusual placeindustrial feelrooms are basiclounge areawould stay againshower gelcity centrecomfy bedfootball groundmanchester unitedyogurtsculpturescinematramcanal
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a great time, cheeky concept. Good Value. breakfast was very nice and the manager was really helpful. I would stay again for sure. All that was missing was a bar. It felt really warm and unique. I could not find any white bread at breakfast which did not help my massive hang over from the night before. I got so drunk i tripped over and knocked a painting of the wall, it landed on the bunk bed! Hope i dont get charged!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilMcG101, General Manager at Victoria Warehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Didn’t have to charge you on this occasion!! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and would welcome you back to us at your earliest convenience. The breakfast issues you raised have been resolved and sadly I cannot offer any other reason for the omission of white bread, other than we slipped up. I do apologise for that, and your prolonged hangover. Our breakfast range has now been extended slightly and we have sourced a more reliable method of having our fresh bread delivered each morning. The bakery is delivering it themselves!!!! As many of our guests have requested we have also introduced fresh coffee to our menu, rather than the pre packed coffee we were using over the last few weeks. Lesson learnt on my part.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great welcome. Very handy for nights out at the Warehouse Project. Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Lovely rooms, very clean. Beautiful entrance area. Very arty looking building inside and out. Smashing tea on offer!
Will definately be back next month when down in Manchester!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

You are very welcome! I thank you for your encouragement and look forward to seeing back with us in November. On your return you will hopefully find that we have opened our new lobby bar, and that the cinema is fully functional. We have addressed many of the opening weeks teething issues, and trust that you will experience an even better stay with us.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

When I arrived, the guys on the front desk were helpful and friendly and sorted us out quickly. There was no fuss or pretence and I loved the vibe in the communal area. It reminded me of my travelling days. So, I was transported back to south east Asia which I welcomed! (A nice cut off from the harsh city of Manchester.)

Yes,it is essentially a warehouse and it does feel like it when you first arrive but the experience grew on me. I got to my room, it was clean simple and perfect for a nights stay. I just loved the wacky toilet, a nice change from magnolia thats for sure.
As I said, it was clean, simple and functional. What more do you need for a city stay?

Oh and they had a lovely yoga and spa bit. I didn't get to experience it this time but will on my next visit (while my husband watches Man united play).

Over all this place is so bizarre and with no fuss required. I felt at ease.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am very happy that in your particular visit my team and our hotel have met with such success. The concept we are developing is meeting with a mixed reception, but on the whole, positivity is the order of the day. While we only have 40 rooms operational at the moment another 735 are planned over the next few years. As with any new development we are very interested in the feedback we receive from our guests and clients. At all times criticisms and suggestions are met with a positive ear, and where at all possible incorporated into our future plans and developments. We are looking forward to a very exciting future, and would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again should you ever be in Manchester.

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

There are two good things about this hotel; the staff and the communal areas. The staff were lovely and helpful, the lobby a great funky place to chill out in, but the rooms are probably some of the worst I've ever seen at somewhere calling themselves a hotel - as opposed to a hostel - literally like being in a small, hot, stuffy, unventilated halls of residence/prison cell (no windows) with itchy cheap bedding (plus only 1 pillow apiece), disgusting coloured bathroom suites and 3 sheets of toilet paper in the loo. This coupled with no bedside light (overhead light or nothing), having to get a remote control for the tv in your room from RECEPTION (wtf?!) and a 'wardrobe' (read: shelving unit) with no hangers in means they have a long way to go before they can call themselves a hotel. This is the sort of place people would probably come to commit suicide, plus you'd probably get a better nights sleep at a premiere inn - or just put £20 more in your budget and stay at one of the lovely boutique hotels up the road. I see why this place is a bonus for people off their heads after a night at the warehouse project, but otherwise DO NOT bother.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank BaddyTravels

One of the commitments I made as the General Manager of the Victoria Warehouse was to respond to every review posted onto the various websites our hotel features on. I appreciate that not every commentary will be complimentary and where criticism is levelled to respond to it in a constructive and honest way. I am therefore grateful for your thoughts on my team and the service they offered you during your stay. With regard to your description of our bedrooms or more precisely, the bedroom you occupied during your stay, I can only accept that our offering was not to your personal taste which is unfortunate for us as a hotel. We accept and appreciate that our concept and delivery of our concept will not be to everyone’s taste, and while not apologising for that we accept that we must learn from your views and the reviews we receive from our paying guests. I will not prolong this response by making account of each of the short comings highlighted in you review, but will say that I have already addressed certain issues raised, and moving forward, where it is physical possible, additional features are to introduced into our bedrooms to both meet our customer’s expectations and easy of use and comfort. I cannot be honest without raising the comments you suggest with regards to the certain number of guests who stay in hotels around the country each year with the exact purpose you recommend in your review. Sadly this is a reality in our business and mostly it is our housekeeping teams who are the first to encounter these unfortunate people. While I know from personal experience that counselling is available and offered by hotel groups around the UK, the trauma and distress felt by hotel staff after such an event never really leaves you no matter how long you are in the trade. I have experienced three in my career and out of respect for them and their families I would ask you to remove that part of your commentary about this hotel. Once again I am grateful to you for your thoughts and taking the time and effort to express them.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have just returned from staying on the opening night of this hotel. I think they called it Industrial Chic, I'd call it plain bizarre but it was great! We attended the Warehouse Project and it was perfect to just fall into bed afterwards. The staff were amazing! I totally loved the night door man who had a list of guests and took a genuine interest in everyone's welfare. And the GM checked us out the next day, lovely guy.
The rooms were simple but the beds so comfy with fluffy duvets and pillows and soft cream towels. The toiletries were great!
Bathroom tiny but clean and had all you needed, shower nice and hot.
I didn't even notice there wasn't a window in the room for ages, although it was great in the morning because we were completely shut off from the outside world, no sunlight and no traffic noise to wake us up. There were quite a few banging doors though, so maybe some door quieteners would be good.
At the moment, perfect for party goers, the bigger dorm type rooms would be cost effective for groups of friends. I understand that the corporate rooms will come at a later date, the rooms at the moment would not do for a business trip as no table/chair. But there was a flat screen TV and a hairdryer.
Will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: If you really need a window, I'd book over the phone and ask for a window room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
PhilMcG101, Manager at Victoria Warehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and my team. The concept is somewhat unusual, but we are attempting to be just that. Certain aspects of both the design and its functionality have yet to be refined but we will develop these as we progress over the next few months. I am grateful for raising the issue of corridor doors, and am pleased to say that these have been attended to and will remain part of our maintenance program moving forward. With respect to the development and design of ‘corporate rooms’ it is my intention to deliver what might be best described as ‘normal’ bedrooms complete with the usual amenities one would expect from a conventional hotel, while attempting to keep them within the unique feel, design and concept of our brand. The future is bright for us and we aim to stand out from the crowd as we release the remaining 735 planned bedrooms, bars, and restaurant. Once again I thank you for your commentary and I look forward to welcoming you again at the Victoria Warehouse.