TripAdvisor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for a meal with my girlfriend on Friday 20th September. I have to say I have been to many TGI Fridays all over the the UK and international and this has to be the worst experience I've had at one.

We had a 10 minute wait for our drinks after ordering, when we did receive them the bartender didn't bring them to our table she simply passed them over the glass window by the booth we were sitting at which I think is very unprofessional.

We waited 30 minutes for our starters to come out to us (bruschetta and tacos) which was frustrating as the restaurant literally had 4 tables other than us and the chef was standing around talking to the other waitressing staff. There was a lot of messing around and talking between the staff and less work and focus on diners.

I had to go to another table and go and get cutlery because staff hadn't set the table prior to us sitting down.

Overall, poor service and management should definitley focus on re training staff to ensure customers leave happy.

1  Thank lukeaidanh22
Write a reviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Whereas the waiting staff were helpful and did a great job when dealing with our issues, there's clearly a lack of general food safety and hygiene in the kitchen.
My partner ordered the mac and cheese with shellfish which came out cold and when sent a "replacement" it was the same portion which had clearly been microwaved.
My meal was underwelming with small portions.

1  Thank Cerys D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good, attentive and friendly staff. Food quality was 10/10, came out in a timely manner and was delicious. The cocktails were very tasty and we didn’t have to wait very long for our next drink. Probably one of the best TGI’s we have been to - We will be back :-)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The waitress Called Melanie was lovely to us, she was quick when our drinks were empty to offer a refil, she was really polite and helpful to us both. This girl is a credit to the work place.

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

I visited here with my family, late afternoon last Wednesday. I ordered half a rack of ribs with a corn on the cob and some chips.
To be honest I'm not even sure where to start with how bad the experience (may I add from start to finish) was.

Firstly, it was brought to our attention the staff at your restaurant lack any customer service skills. With the whole front of house staff completely preoccupied, clearly by nothing amusing as the only way i could describe the expression on our host's face was repulsed.
Secondly , we were made to sit down in a completely empty restaurant whilst they prepared our table as there were several tables left disgustingly ignored. My dad went up to buy a drink and was stood there for 5 or so minutes whilst three of the members of staff decided to have a chin wag over the bar, completely ignoring him.
Finally, We were called to the table before he was served in the end so proceeded to sit down. The waiter was quick to ask us what we wanted but we hadn't all decided, so when we asked for a few more minutes, 15 minutes passed before he came back to us again.
We ordered the food and it came (despite them getting one of the orders wrong the first time).
My food, the ribs, was nothing short of absolutely foul. It tasted microwaved. The chips were stone cold, the ribs were mostly fat and the meat was tasteless. The corn on the cob was inedible, it had been so overcooked that it was the texture of a bar of soap.
The same could have been said for the rest of the food on our table.
My partner ordered a double burger and it came with one patty instead of two. All of our chips were cold, the portion sizes were small too.
For a restaurant that has the cheek to charge, on average, £15 a plate, it was appalling.

The Trafford Centre has so many choices, I am so surprised that this place can even still afford to run here. I'm even more shocked that I walked past there on Friday and people were queueing to get in.

Pretty convinced it's only still standing thanks to people who don't know what good food is.

If you're going for a meal at the Trafford Centre, save yourself wasting your money and visit one of the many other restaurants that I can guarantee will give you better and far more reasonably priced food.

2  Thank alicecollins302