TGI Fridays - Manchester Trafford Centre
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good, attentive and friendly staff. Food quality was 10/10, came out in a timely manner and was delicious. The cocktails were very tasty and we didn’t have to wait very long for our next drink. Probably one of the best TGI’s we have been to - We will be back :-)

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The waitress Called Melanie was lovely to us, she was quick when our drinks were empty to offer a refil, she was really polite and helpful to us both. This girl is a credit to the work place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited here with my family, late afternoon last Wednesday. I ordered half a rack of ribs with a corn on the cob and some chips.
To be honest I'm not even sure where to start with how bad the experience (may I add from start to finish) was.

Firstly, it was brought to our attention the staff at your restaurant lack any customer service skills. With the whole front of house staff completely preoccupied, clearly by nothing amusing as the only way i could describe the expression on our host's face was repulsed.
Secondly , we were made to sit down in a completely empty restaurant whilst they prepared our table as there were several tables left disgustingly ignored. My dad went up to buy a drink and was stood there for 5 or so minutes whilst three of the members of staff decided to have a chin wag over the bar, completely ignoring him.
Finally, We were called to the table before he was served in the end so proceeded to sit down. The waiter was quick to ask us what we wanted but we hadn't all decided, so when we asked for a few more minutes, 15 minutes passed before he came back to us again.
We ordered the food and it came (despite them getting one of the orders wrong the first time).
My food, the ribs, was nothing short of absolutely foul. It tasted microwaved. The chips were stone cold, the ribs were mostly fat and the meat was tasteless. The corn on the cob was inedible, it had been so overcooked that it was the texture of a bar of soap.
The same could have been said for the rest of the food on our table.
My partner ordered a double burger and it came with one patty instead of two. All of our chips were cold, the portion sizes were small too.
For a restaurant that has the cheek to charge, on average, £15 a plate, it was appalling.

The Trafford Centre has so many choices, I am so surprised that this place can even still afford to run here. I'm even more shocked that I walked past there on Friday and people were queueing to get in.

Pretty convinced it's only still standing thanks to people who don't know what good food is.

If you're going for a meal at the Trafford Centre, save yourself wasting your money and visit one of the many other restaurants that I can guarantee will give you better and far more reasonably priced food.

2  Thank alicecollins302
Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

I popped in for lunch with my daughter after an early finish from work. We were seated straight away with menus and our drinks arrived quickly. So far so good. My daughter had the mozzarella dippers starter and the sesame chicken strips starter together, and I just ordered the sesame chicken as a main. Not much of a wait. However, my portion of chicken was the same size as my daughter’s chicken starter yet twice the price!! I was actually really quite annoyed about this because it isn’t cheap by any means, and I felt it was unfair. The rest of the meal was spent trying to catch someone’s attention so I could mention it, the food itself was tasty but I was very disappointed. The waiter finally came over to clear our now empty plates, and didn’t even ask how our meals were, just asked if we wanted dessert. I told him my issue and he became quite defensive and said the portions are weighed and flounced off to the kitchen. It was probably a little petty but we’d counted the pieces of chicken and I’d told him so. He returned with the bill and informed me they’d taken one of the starters off, which was appreciated but off he flounced again, not giving me chance to say anything, returned with card machine, flounced off again and didn’t utter another word to us. He was simply unnecessary rude and his attitude spoilt the whole experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Came in at around 9pm, waited at the door to be sat for 5 minutes. When seated our order was taken quite quickly so that was a promising start. However, after finishing our starters we waited approximately 15 minutes for the plates to be cleared even though the young staff were walking past us every minute or so. As well as this, the staff were putting cutlery and cleaning equipment on the table next to us which was an eyesore. Eventually our starters were cleared to the loud noise of chairs being dragged around behind us which wasn’t very appealing. Mains came out quickly so we ate them and left. We usually love this restaurant but tonight was a let down to say the least. Probably won’t return to this specific restaurant.

1  Thank Sian W