All reviewsthe pubhay on wyechalet stylecar parkgolden valleylog cabinwet roomfresh ingredientschickens and duckspiewelsh borderroom numberbeautiful countrysidebiscuitsbreakfast was deliciousstayed here for two nightshome made
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a nice and spacious room upstairs with a very good bed and new bathroom. Since the house is built entirely of wood some doors are heavy to close because the wood is still working. The location is really quiet (the pub being in a different house up front). A slight disadvantage is that you can't get the room totally dark because the curtains don't reach the rooftop window.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I would not hesitate to recommend The Pandy Inn. We had an upstairs room overlooking the car park but we were only in it in the evenings and although it might have been nice to have had a room at the back, we were not dismayed - there was plenty of greenery to see beyond the Inn. I totally agree with other reviewers about the standard of the rooms - large and very clean with an extremely comfortable ambience. However, there were no dressing gowns! We ate both nights in the restaurant and the meals were a very good standard with vegetables that were interesting and cooked well, something that many restaurants fail on. The only improvement would be a vegetarian option. The staff were charming and nothing was too much trouble. I understand that Magdalena was running the Inn on her own at a very busy time and was short- staffed for at least part of the time. She did very well and we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tried the restaurant following a recommendation. Lovely staff, warm welcome and a nice restaurant room. The menu is fairly concise and I think this is generally a good thing; it should mean they have good turnover and meals are made with fresh ingredients.
Ordered the chicken pie (locally sourced meat). Meal was good overall, but too salty for my taste, and presentation needs a little work as it flowed all over the plate! However, I would recommend this place for a pleasant meal in a lovely setting. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Different to say the least. Accommodation is in a specially built wood chalet at the rear of the inn. very comfortable, top quality linen,.rooms are clean and warm. Food is served in the Inn and is excellent quality with local Hereford beef as good as Aberdeen Angus. Good choice on the wine list at sensible prices. Well worth the effort in finding it. Use a map not sat/nav..

Room Tip: De luxe rooms are just a bit better.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed there for a weekend break in March. I was worried about the miserable weather, as I like my comfort, but my husband really wanted to check out the walking trails nearby. I was thrilled, the rooms were fabulously warm and comfortable and the heating was independent so you could adjust to your own requirements. The weather was really quite miserable and we didn't see the location at its best, but the Pandy Inn atomospher (there are the most amazing chickens and the friendliest dog) more that compensated. After l lovely day spent in bookshops in Hay, we were more than happy to return to the comfort of the Pandy Inn to enjoy our purchases. The food was amazing, and we had intended to go elsewhere the second night for a meal but changed our minds as they seemed to be having a party for St Patrick's night and allowed us to join in. I always think that the place that is supported by locals is always going to be good! Thanks to all, Mary B

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple