“Great Food & Olde Worlde Atmosphere Pub”
Review of The Pandy Inn

The Pandy Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Dorstone
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Pandy Inn is a 12th Century pub that serves traditional pub food. Our seasonal opening hours are available on our website. Please check there first to avoid disappointment. Food can be eaten wherever you want to sit. In good weather, our garden is a lovely spot to sit and enjoy a meal.
Derbyshire
“Great Food & Olde Worlde Atmosphere Pub”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

You can eat in the bar or the restuarant. Local produce, excellent Head Chef/Owner. Nice home cooked dishes and also gastro type dishes, as well as hand made pizza. Great British breakfasts too.
Great atmosphere, lovely warm, friendly staff and owners, who are 'hands on'

Visited September 2012

Biddulph, United Kingdom
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I visited here with my partner and his mother last week whilst holidaying in Herefordshire. As we approached from the car park at the rear, we almost returned to the car and, later, wished we had. For such a historic building it was pitiful to see the paint peeling away and the total lack of respect and care for such an old inn.
However, we did venture inside and should really have had some idea of what to expect when we realised only two tables were occupied and there were no customers at the bar either. The couple within the 'restaurant' area were sitting silently, gazing into space with looks of total dejection on their faces. There was no atmosphere in the place at all.
I decided to just have a tuna baguette with chips and my partner chose a pizza and chips. His mother opted for a chicken pie which she said was fine. Her meal arrived, along with my partner's pizza and my baguette and chips. The chips were only just warm and, as I picked the baguette up, liquid dripped onto my plate. Obviously, the tuna had not been drained sufficiently. I decided to scrape most of the tuna out of it and just ate what was left.
After about fifteen minutes, my partner's chips still had not arrived so he asked the landlady where they were. She went into the kitchen to find out and when she came back she told him they had been forgotten and joked with him, telling him to eat his pizza more slowly! They did eventually turn up and he said they were OK. We decided not to order desserts!
I know I should have complained at the time but, for one thing, I dislike confrontation and, for another, the food should be good enough not to have to complain. I doubt much would have been done about it anyway. There is a total air of complacency about the place. Such a lovely, old building, which is part of our heritage, should be appreciated and treated with care, not run into the ground.

Visited August 2013
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Friendly pub”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This pub is located in a charming small village of Dorstone in the Golden Valley just 5 miles from Hay-On-Wye. Good beer, try the local Butty Bach. Food is very good with an interesting desert menu including Polish cheesecake, the landlords are Irish and Polish. T Bones steaks are to die for, the meat comes from a farmer's co-operative butcher in Hay

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Pub”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Booked The Pandy Inn as we were in the area for a wedding, to be honest from the outside I was a little concerned about my choice of accommodation but this was put to rest upon booking in. Friendly staff checked us in, showed us to our fantastic room within a purpose built chalet/lodge. Crisp bedsheets, bathrobes etc etc all the little things you'd expect from a top end hotel in the heart of Herefordshire. We ordered a quick starter before heading out which was pretty good and once we were back in later on sampled a few of the ales and cider which were excellent. Breakfast next morning was very good and overall I would thoroughly recommend anybody thinking of staying in the area give this little gem a try. Jake & Annabel - Shrewsbury

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ShropshireJake
Gloucestershire
“Cant wait to eat here again”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Really good food at this lovely old pub. Have been twice now, Sunday lunch this time, really excellent. Service a bit hit and miss but very pleasant. Caribbean bread and butter pudding was amazing. Portions not huge but perfectly adequate.

• Visited May 2013