“Excellent food for the price”
Review of Chiang-Mai Thai

Chiang-Mai Thai
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Monifieth
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant based in Monifieth. Approx 9 miles from centre of Dundee. Recommended by family member. I had seen no listing when looking at options for Dundee/Monifieth. To be honest, knowing some of the places listed and the reviews given, until I tried this place, a fish supper was looking like the best option!
“Excellent food for the price”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Don't expect plush surroundings - it's very basic and a bit squashed. Cramped, even. But our food last night was excellent. We chose starters of prawn spring rolls, fish cakes and satay (truly excellent chicken), followed by squid (note: ask them just to turn the heat just a bit - I can take spicy food but I'm glad I followed my son's recommendation on this) and mixed seafood, which we accompanied with coconut rice. Add in a couple of Singha beers, a glass of wine and some fizzy water, this came to £55 before service.

A friendly owner/manager (I assume), nice service and the clattering of dishes in the tiny galley kitchen behind us made this just what I'd have expected if I'd been eating in a much recommended restaurant in Bangkok. Will go there again.

• Visited February 2014

• Thai first
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic !”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Great food! Great service and overall amazing experience. I would recommend this restaurant time after time. Simply delicious!

dundee scotland
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Went here with two friends for dinner during mid week. Large selection of dishes on offer with friendly staff and very tasty food based on our experience. Worked out at about £30 per head for a number of dishes and Thai bottled beer.

• Visited December 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Best Thai food”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Finally made it to the very well recommended Chiang-Mai and it was everything I expected and more, probably one of the best meals of my life. Utterly fabulous.

Visited August 2013
West Lothian
“excellent”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

this restaurant is well worth a visit the food is excellent I eat thai food regular & this is now 1 of my favourite places to eat

Visited September 2013