“So much to see!”
Review of Wedgwood Museum

Wedgwood Museum
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Barlaston
More attraction details
Owner description: For a unique experience and a very warm welcome, the stunning Wedgwood Museum is the place to visit - whether you just like looking at beautiful objects or have a specialist interest. We are the home of one of the most interesting ceramic collections in the world. Our galleries tell the story of Josiah Wedgwood, his family, and the company he founded two-and-a-half centuries ago. New visitor experience for 2015! As a result, we are closing the site to customers from 24th December 2014 through until June 2015.
East Grinstead UK
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“So much to see!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited the Wedgwood Museum while staying near Newcastle Under Lyme. We had no idea what really to expect so were very pleasantly surprised at the extent of the museum complex. We first had a tour of the factory with a very good guide. There were only 6 of us so it seemed like a personal tour. We were able to see all the processes from start to finish and I was surprised how close you could get to the people doing the various jobs and how willing they were to show you what they did and how they did it. When we finished the tour we went into the museum which is both extensive and fascinating. As we had to continue our journey we could not give it the time we would have liked. I would suggest you could spend the best part of a day at Wedgwood. There is an excellent café/restaurant on site and plenty of car parking.

1 Thank silversurfer59
June B, Manager at Wedgwood Museum, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate customer feedback as it helps us to improve our service. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your time here at the Wedgwood Museum & Visitor Centre and hope that you will perhaps return in the future to complete your visit.

London
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A good couple of hours but pure book if you want afternoon tea.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here as my wife has collected Wedgwood for years, the experience is in three parts. the museum, the factory tour and the hands on experience. We did not do the factory tour as we had our daughter with us (age 3) the museum was good and interesting although I think my wife enjoyed it more than myself. The hands on experience was definitely the highlight which let you speak to the experts as well as have a go yourself (and very reasonably priced)

The only disappointing part was that we wanted to have the high tea which was advertised at the entrance as "no need to book" but when we got there we found that all the tables were booked, so we had to wait an hour to get our tea (and the range was a little limited, they also used two bags which got an optimum brew very quickly but as a tea snob I quite like to have the time for my brewing as if adds to the experience.

Remember before you leave to stop by the factory outlet (the for is in the visitors car park) for lots of bargain Wedgwood.

Stourbridge
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

If you can be taken on a guided tour, ask for someone who can bring the museum to life. Our guide was the head curator - Nigel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“I am saving my $ so I can shop some more”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been collecting Wedgwood for over 25 years so this was a must visit for us. I had a great time and enjoyed talking to a staff member who was the perfect ambassador for Wedgwood, polite, helpful, knowledgeable and attentive. I did my part to help out the British economy in the shop and again returned to our B&B worn out, with that fatigue that comes from a rewarding travel experience. I highly recommend for anyone into Wedgwood.

Visited October 2012
Haddenham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Grand”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Well worth a visit. Great outlet and factory shop. Exquisite pieces on show and very educational. Probably not the best place for small children - for obvious reasons.

Visited May 2013