“A good couple of hours but pure book if you want afternoon tea.”
Review of Wedgwood Museum

Wedgwood Museum
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Barlaston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Trace over 250 years of ground-breaking design and production and discover Josiah Wedgwood’s lasting influence on industry and society. This award winning museum houses a UNESCO protected V&A collection of huge historic and cultural significance. The Wedgwood Museum is part of the World of Wedgwood, the global brand experience where visitors can discover new perspectives, broaden horizons and deepen their understanding of the world and its heritage and culture.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here as my wife has collected Wedgwood for years, the experience is in three parts. the museum, the factory tour and the hands on experience. We did not do the factory tour as we had our daughter with us (age 3) the museum was good and interesting although I think my wife enjoyed it more than myself. The hands on experience was definitely the highlight which let you speak to the experts as well as have a go yourself (and very reasonably priced)

The only disappointing part was that we wanted to have the high tea which was advertised at the entrance as "no need to book" but when we got there we found that all the tables were booked, so we had to wait an hour to get our tea (and the range was a little limited, they also used two bags which got an optimum brew very quickly but as a tea snob I quite like to have the time for my brewing as if adds to the experience.

Remember before you leave to stop by the factory outlet (the for is in the visitors car park) for lots of bargain Wedgwood.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

If you can be taken on a guided tour, ask for someone who can bring the museum to life. Our guide was the head curator - Nigel.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been collecting Wedgwood for over 25 years so this was a must visit for us. I had a great time and enjoyed talking to a staff member who was the perfect ambassador for Wedgwood, polite, helpful, knowledgeable and attentive. I did my part to help out the British economy in the shop and again returned to our B&B worn out, with that fatigue that comes from a rewarding travel experience. I highly recommend for anyone into Wedgwood.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Well worth a visit. Great outlet and factory shop. Exquisite pieces on show and very educational. Probably not the best place for small children - for obvious reasons.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We really enjoyed the weekend at Wedgwood the hosts were very nice Annmarie lovely lady, whom looked after us pram enthusiast great time despite the weather

1  Thank edna54