“Perfect accommodation for a get together with...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 stars Excellent - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Beth T
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect accommodation for a get together with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I have just returned from a 4 night stay at Bottomhouse farm and barns for my 30th Birthday celebrations with friends. The location was less than an hour from Manchester therefore was a perfect location for myself and friends to get to.

I booked this property along with the adjoining property (Curlew barn) on Sykes cottages website and found the booking process incredibly easy, 10% deposit was required for BOTH properties. I was also charged a £35 booking fee for each property despite it being 1 booking.

A good housekeeping bond of £150 is required by cheque prior to arrival (£50 for Curlew barn too) although this was returned to me in full 2 days after my stay.

Check in was at 4pm which I felt was a little late especially this time of year when we arrived at dusk. On arrival Mr Cooper was waiting for us with the keys and gave us a very comprehensive induction showing us around both properties and showing us how to work everything including the hot tub. He had also left a bottle of wine and birthday card which I felt was a lovely personal touch.

The barn was clean (besides the toilets) and perfect for the occasion, however I would not recommend for couples or family's due to the bedroom layout. There are 4 bedrooms, 2 which sleep 4/5 with 3 single beds and 1 double and an en suite bathroom each, 1 with a set of bunk beds, and 1 with a double bed. All bedrooms are adequately furnished and the beds are comfortable. The electric showers in each en suite however were poor (bad pressure), there is also a wet room downstairs however we could not get the big shower head to work.
The living room space is small for the amount of occupants and the leather couches are particularly difficult to sit on (cushions kept sliding off), there is also a nice wood burner with supplies to light your first fire, you then have to pay for additional supplies.

The hot tub is amazing (although costs an additional £150) a perfect addition to the weekend. We were told it took 6 people but on one night we fitted 10 at a squeeze! It was rather cool on night 2, but that's because we never refilled it until the following day. If you give it the required care and attention it is lush, be careful it has the power to get you incredibly drunk ;)

We had a takeaway one night from Abdul Spice in Leek, the food was delicious and adequately priced.

We also walked into Ipstones on Sunday, it's approx a 40 minute walk and if visiting on a Sunday beware that the pubs only serve food between 12-3pm. Walking to or from the barn in the dark can also be very dangerous as there is no street lighting. There are several supermarkets in Leek which you can easily drive too.

I booked Curlew barn as well as my party size was 18+, I would not recommend paying for the hot tub at this property as it is excluded from the main bean and is away from the main party.

The main downside of this property is there is no internet/WI-FI, and the mobile phone signal is poor. I feel for the money they charge to rent this property that they should invest in Internet for their guests.

Overall we had a fabulous time and would revisit

Leeds
Northampton, United Kingdom
“perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Just returned from my daughters Hen weekend. A beautiful property with spectacular views. 15 of us stayed in the beautifully maintained bedrooms. The property was immaculate - so clean. It was decorated and furnished to an extremely high standard. We made good use of the hot tub! Lovely to have a massive table so that we could all sit and eat together. Plenty of seating in the lounge on big comfy leather sofas. Big kitchen equipped with everything you need to cater for that many people. Great garden which suited us as we had loads of games planned outside. Garden surrounded by fields, fantastic views and 2 beautiful ponies who loved to pop their heads over the wall for a fuss. I would definitely recommend this property to groups of friends and families. I would DEFINITELY go back. Thank you.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Cleanliness, well decorated, furnished and maintained.
Liked least: Bit windy as situated quite high up
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
shells14
Rugby
“Perfect stay, would highly recommend :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Myself and 12 others stayed here for my sisters hen party and we had an amazing time! The barn is beautiful and has spectacular views, the hot tub is an added bonus!

We would highly recommend this barn for families and hen parties, we found a lovely spa in Leek called The Retreat & also great outdoor activities at Carsington water which is only 30 mins away. Perfect location for some relaxation :)

The owner was friendly and helpful too.. Thanks again x

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Hot tub & views
Liked least: No wifi
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Northants
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 4 of 5 stars Service
Make Inquiry
Enter dates for more accurate prices
Any
Talk to the Manager
44 0 1244357716
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing