“Perfect afternoon tea takeaway”
Review of Hetty's Tea Shop

Hetty's Tea Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Froghall
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Secret Cloud in lovely Yurts. We ordered afternoon tea from Hettys which was collected by one of the ‘hens’. It was gorgeous, beautiful choice of sandwiches, wraps, savouries. Fruit kebabs, a glorious coffee and walnut cake, profiteroles and tiny tartlets. The best bit for me was the cream tea with freshly made raspberry scones with Jam and clotted cream. It was all beautiful. Thank you Hettys.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We visited today for a payday lunch date. The cafe is beautiful! It looks gorgeous and as it’s next to the canal it is in the nicest setting! The food was lovely but for the price I paid, I’d expect a little more Our bill was just over £18 for 2 drinks (glass bottles of Diet Coke) and 2 cibattas that we’re served with a few crisps and a small side salad. It just felt like so much money for so little food (see attached photo). I wish the food was better value because it looks beautiful and has such a nice atmosphere (although it could do with more signage stating that you choose a table and order at the till etc).

1  Thank Ellie S
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We visited Hetty's on Thursday mid morning and very hungry. The cakes looked amazing, which we eyed up as soon as we joined the queue. When we finally got served staff were very helpful and polite and the sausage bap hit every spot!! The scones didn't disappoint either although the waiting in the queue did, service could be speedier but they do have a notice about this, so allow extra time if busy. Would definitely visit again

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We visited the tea room today at around 230/245, despite the tea room not closing until 4 we were quite disappointed at the fact that they had very little on sale, no cream teas (scones), no milkshakes, no hot food, no whippy ice cream and only a choice of 3 cakes.

Despite the above, the actual tea shop and surrounding area is lovely. Nice walk to the canal which was very close.

1  Thank Kimberlei123
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I visited Hetty's with my mum for some lunch at the weekend. The tea room itself is lovely and so picturesque by the canal.
We walked in and weren't sure if it was table service so we went to find a seat. There's lots of choice on the menu, however you will need to get up and have a browse to see the cakes and quiches etc. likewise with the ordering which is by the till.
It was around half 1 when we decided to order, we asked for jacket potato however they had ran out, they also ran out of beans which was a bit of a shame. Think they need to re-stock as it was still lunch time with plenty of people coming in and out from their walks.
I decided on the quiche in the end which was served with a salad. My mum had the sandwich platter with a scone. The fillings for the sandwiches aren't your typical 'run of the mill' but they can swap ingredients if you like.
The quiche was a little dry as it had been under a heat lamp, however it was very tasty. My mum enjoyed her sandwich, however she was left feeling confused by the different tastes. She had the ham with pineapple and cheese.
I then decided to have the vegan chocolate cake which is served with either clotted cream *yum!* whipped cream or pouring cream. The cake was delicious and you get a good size portion.
My mum said the scone was a little dense and hard to eat, however she liked the fact it came with clotted cream.
The tearoom itself is well presented and the staff are all so pleasant, however I just think with some tweaks, the tearoom could be made better.
You can also park for free and enjoy the whalf walk around the area.

1  Thank Sam W