“Excellent Guest House ! Very Clean.”

Victoria Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tunstall
Victoria Guest House
Ranked #1 of 3 Tunstall B&B and Inns
Katy, Texas
“Excellent Guest House ! Very Clean.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter, and her boyfriend , last summer. We were visiting from America, and stayed one night . Mick and Mandy were very welcoming , and we felt at home as soon as we stepped inside the door. The rooms were spotless, and I have to say that this was the cleanest guest house/B/B , that I have stayed in for many a year. Quiet , comfortable, cozy, all of the above in fact. The breakfast was a full English, and it was delicious. We were leaving for Manchester that morning and Mick even phoned for a taxi , which collected us right on time.
If you ever decide to stay in the Potteries for a night or 2, you won't do much better than the Victoria. Mick and Mandy, not forgetting Mandy's mum, work very hard to maintain a high standard. It should be plain for all to see when they visit. It was for us. I'd go back there in a heartbeat. Thanks so much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank valiant54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for three nights whilst attending a training course. Mick and Mandy and Mandy's Mum were all extremely friendly and helpful. My room was spotless and had everything I needed - t.v, fridge, wifi, en-suite and a comfortable bed. Breakfast was great with plenty of choice, best scrambled egg anywhere ! The location was ideal being just a few minutes walk from the town and yes the car park was small but there was plenty of street parking.
I don't tend to write many reviews, but when I read the kind of nonsense some people write, you feel compelled to tell the truth. I would recommend.

7 Thank Noggin312
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Mandy and Micky invited myself and my partner to write a review when we stayed. So here we are. Its not something i do as a rule but ive started to do more and more. You couldnt want better hosts. From the moment you get there to the moment you depart they are they to help you. Want somewhere to eat, they know and have tried it. Want somewere to visit in your downtime, they help you out. The guest house it off the beaten track which i feel is a bonus, rooms are very clean and well decorated. Breakfast fantastic. Free Wifi, wow you dont get that in many places. Even a fridge in the room and invited to use the microwave that is available to all guests. Car park is small so get there early, but off road parking is there and free also. A must for people visiting Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent. Will BE Back

7 Thank Andy S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stopped here for the last 2 weeks whilst on business. Prefer stopping here than at a hotel. Hd a great sleep with lovely bed. Windows are double glazed with very little outside noise. Really clean and owners very friendly and always happy to help!

Just like any other hotel, when I placed my towels in the shower they got changed for new ones. Breakfast was spot on. Poached egg was lovely so not sure what the other 2 negative comments are about!!??

Will be stopping here again!

4 Thank JohnBrindley907
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

2nights my company but me up in this b&b. a cant understand the other reviews. People saying the rooms are clean? My room damp. Dirty. Smallest tv iv ever seen. People rating the location? It was in the middle of a rank council area! Scrap man shouting all morning. Loads of noise people drinking in the street. We told the woman we worked night she put us in a room right outside the breakfast room and front door. No parking. Old towels not replaced just hung to dry! Breakfast wasn't the worst. But it wasn't nice at all. All I had off it was bacon and beans both mornings. If your not picky and abit rough round the edges stay here. If your looking for a clean stay with no noise dont waste your time

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Azz1987
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I am a shopfitter and work away 6 days a week , we stayed here for 2 nights and wasnt the best stay . as we work nights we sleep.during the day which means housekeeping cant commence, so they decided to do it on a night when we were at work.nice gesture but throwing my £850 laptop down the side of the bed to make it was a joke.our used towels were thrown on radiator (which wasnt on) instead of replaced, which left the room smelling of damp.

breakfast was ok but not the best, and if u cannot tell the difference between a poached egg and a fried u must have problems.

all in all not the best hotel but not the worst if u are working away its ok but nowhere to take ur bird.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Grant H
Mandjankers, Manager at Victoria Guest House, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments it would be good to get some balance here, the two gentlemen that have left these reviews were staying in the same room at the same time.
This is the same room as the gentleman from Sunbury on Thames stayed in. They were also offered the same breakfast choices.
When the gentlemen booked the room we had only one room available, if they had advised us at the time of booking that they were going to be working nights we would not have taken the booking as the room is next to the door.
I cannot remember what the gentleman who left this review ordered so I could have made a mistake for which I would have apologised had I known and done an alternative.
The lap top that is stated to have been thrown onto the floor just wouldn’t happen although to make a bed it is essential to move it, along with all the food debris that was also left. Had we been asked for fresh towels or had they been left in the shower they would have been replaced as is our policy.
Gentlemen if you do read our comments please could you check if you “inadvertently” packed the TV remote control by mistake! could you please return it. Thanks for putting our cutlery in the waste bin but we do tend to wash and reuse it.
I would like to draw people’s attention to the vast majority of our reviews
as I always say 99 per cent of people are lovely but you will never please everybody, have a good day.
sunbury on thames
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed 1 night 5th June,Mick the host gave me a very warm welcome,the room I had was really spacious and clean.Freeview tv,coffee & tea facilities,fridge beuatifully decorated, a double bed & a single bed. The en-suite was spotless,tiled floor,bath mat and shower gel, soap & shampoo,fresh towels(smelt wonderful).
Breakfast was wonderful,cereal,orange juice plenty of toast and very large full english tea/coffee,served in a very cosy breakfast room.a.value for money guesthouse this has to be HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Barryd(titan travel)

2 Thank barry d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tunstall
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
The Sneyd Arms Hotel
The Sneyd Arms Hotel
#2 of 3 in Tunstall

Been to Victoria Guest House? Share your experiences!