“Good food and good portions”
Review of Portofino - Hanley

Portofino - Hanley
Reserve with OpenTable
Portofino - Hanley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Hanley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Portofino Hanley focuses on serving Italian classics in a space that is simple yet polished. The menu focuses on Italian cooking catering for a wide variety of diets & tastes. Come say ciao and join us at Portofino Hanley where you will be served by our friendly staff. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a relaxing dinner with friends and family, we have plenty of fresh, authentic meals to choose from on our a la carte menu and daily specials.
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Had the 12oz steak, rare. It was spot on and came with potatoe wedges. Delicious overall and friendly staff!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

had a meal here with my partner it was a lovely pleasant experience the food was great and the staff very helpful would go again soon

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have eaten here quite a lot usually with my mum, the food is always lovely and service is excellent. It is a great place to go if you are going to the theatre just around the corner, they also have/had a great lunch time menu where mains the are really cheap. Love this place

1  Thank annis2207
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Girlfriend booked a table for 7PM on a Friday here as a surprise.
The meal was delicious and not as expensive as I would have imagined.
The whole thing came to just over £30 and that included 2 mains, 2 sides and 2 drinks.

I would definitely eat there again, nicest calzone I've had (see picture) and for under £10, an absolute steal.

1  Thank Kane F
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I cane here two years ago while staying in Stoke and loved it then. Last night we decided to eat here again and remembered how delightful this place was.

We went quite late at around 9:30pm and we were the only diners there but we were not made uncomfortable, in fact we forgot that we were the only people there.

Service was fantastic, the waitress and waiter could not do enough for us and SO friendly. Service with a smile.

Food was delicious. A little lacking in salt but that was easily corrected with the salt shaker. Very generous portion size. I had the jumbo prawn taglietelle and I was surprised by the amount of prawns on my plate (there were so many)

Next time we're in Stoke on Trent, we will definitely come visit again.