“What a warm friendly welcome!!!”
Review of Taj Mahal - CLOSED

Taj Mahal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went to watch "GHOST" the musical's final show last Saturday evening. We were one of the first diners to step inside the restaurant and were warmly greeted by the lovely Leanne. What a credit she is to the Taj Mahal. Throughout our meal Leanne was dedicated to our table and looked after our every need and wish. A lovely wholesome hardworking girl with a beautiful personality. What an ambassador to have for your business. The food was very good and promptly served. I would highly recommend the Taj Mahal and we shall definitely be returning. Excellent xx

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and I went here on a BOGOF offer with our theatre tickets after watching Ghost the musical. food was ok not bad not exceptional and price even with BOGOF was a little steep for what we had, no draught lager just bottles which were also a little on the steep side. Service was excellent we booked a table because we knew there would be a rush after the show and got seated no problems, waitresses were lovely and when the rush had died down came over for a chat about the show etc which we thought was very nice. Great location right opposite the Regent Theatre. Would I go here again yes but only for a meal before or after a show, i wouldnt pay the normal prices as there are better quality resturants in the area for the same price.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went here for a pre-theatre meal & would have been better going to KFC instead. Waited 20mins to even place an order. & each table looked to be the same, missing orders, late food & many apologies for the problems that were going on.

When we finally got our curry, then all I can say is, it was bland! I have never tasted anything so bad. I had the Jewel of the Crown & it was awful. It just tasted like meat in gravy. I think somebody needs a lesson in Indian Cuisine. Also, they tried to charge me for drinks I hadn't had.

The only thing that was pleasant was the staff. The girls do their very best to make the customers happy but are so under staffed. I think its another case of the owners doing everything they can to make profits & nothing else. I think they also own the restaurant across the road called Curry Leaves, so don't be suprised if you get the same service there.

All I can say is, come back to Hanley please Shaffer.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

While we were at The Regent Theatre to see the amazing Swan Lake performed by Moscow City Ballet, we noticed a poster offering a pre/post theatre meal deal at this very conveniently located restaurant (opposite The Regent Theatre). So, on the spur of the moment, we walked across to try it. The food was good, the service excellent and the environment welcoming. We liked it so much that we took some friends there another evening. The portions are very generous but they will pack up what you don't eat as a take away. There have been other restaurants in this location that have come and gone. I hope this one manages to stay.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We came upon this restaurant after looking for somewhere warm and inviting prior going to the theatre on a Sunday evening. Not knowing Stoke on Trent at all. What a lovely welcome from the waitress Leanne. She was a pleasure. As was the food. Reasonably priced, tasty and good portions. The place is very clean and on the night we were there definitely did not smell (see prior comments). It was exactly what we were looking for.