1,456 results
All reviews leisure facilities sauna and steam room free parking town centre car parking excellent value for money stayed here for one night nightlife potteries
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really happy, has a gym pool, sauna and steam room. Good internet and staff are excellent, very helpful. The breakfast is good, large range and more available from kitchen. Good location for Stoke if you have to come or indeed if you are choosing to come!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Neill2109, General Manager at Best Western Stoke on Trent City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 781sean

Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted your stay with us was such an enjoyable experience for you.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon and hopefully receive a perfect 5 score!

kind Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly parking is expensive especially overnight at £12!
Check in was strange as the two ladies on reception had discussion about dirty rooms... this was at 5pm... anyway rooms were fine no complaints from me or my colleagues on that front. The tv didn't work in my room and I alerted reception on.my way out to dinner... when I came back I checked and it still wasn't working. I asked again at reception and was told that maintenance had been up to fix and they had now finished for the night. Hotel was full so no one to fix it. I explained that they had had plenty of time to resolve. She said she would ask duty manager to look at it. Eventually at 11.30pm tv working

Bar was understaffed big time and long delay waiting to be served.
Breakfast- cold beans, cold fried egg, cold sausage.... get my drift! My colleague did not want to complain so I left it there but this was 7.15 am guys so goodness knows how cold by 8am!
Could do so much better but hotel was budget so perhaps you get what you pay for? That said premier inn up the road so may try that one next time

Trip type: Traveled on business
Neill2109, General Manager at Best Western Stoke on Trent City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear markS407NX

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that you found your room comfortable, please accept my apology for the TV issue not being rectified more swiftly.
Our Car park is managed on our behalf by parking eye, with the option to pay and display or to pay at reception, please note for future stays that when settling the parking via the reception desk it is only £7.50 for 24hrs.

I apologise for elements of your breakfast experience not being 100% perfect for you, Usually we receive positive feed back about our Breakfast, I will certainly share your feed back with the team to ensure the temperature of ingredients is monitored more closely.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and feel confident you will notice the improvements we are making.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for over 3 weeks in August. It is an old building, but the management does their best to keep it maintained & relatively clean. The location is very good, walking to the centre of town, or onto the motorway by car. Housekeeping is good, better than Premier Inn. The plumbing is old and only just works. The windows are not double glazed and that can be a problem on Friday or Saturday night when the night clubs kick off. Reception is good and helpfull. Car park and the pool are fine.
Basic accomodation at a basic price.

Room tip: Go for the rear of the hotel as high as possible
Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Peter H

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review following your 3 week stay with us last month.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the building of interest, our rooms comfortable and clean and the staff welcoming.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon, please do ask to see our newly decorated rooms on your next visit.

kind Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As I write this review I am wide awake because there is a party going on and the noise is unreal. It’s a Tuesday evening and I am in bed early preparing for an early morning to the office. Music starts booming, a quick call to reception reveals there is an ‘event’ taking place and it will be over by 10:30. At ten past eleven I make another call only to be told it will in fact be going on until midnight. No prior warning giving to enable me to make an informed decision about whether to stay at hotel or not given the volume of noise. I will never stay here again and will put a message out to my place of work requesting that the hotel be removed from our accommodation list. Perhaps this could be forgiven on a Friday/Saturday night with pre-warning but on a Tuesday, really? I have never encountered anything like this in all my years of travel with work and hopefully I will never have to again.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Gemma C

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, please accept my sincere apology for the noise disturbance you encountered during your stay due to a private event taking place within our function suite. I also apologise that you were initially mis informed about the finish time of the music, I will speak with reception to ensure the correct information is given to guests in the future.

We do try and allocate bedrooms away from Potential area's effected by noise, I apologise that on this occasion we failed to get this right for you.

I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future, please do contact me directly and I will happily take care of your reservation and assure you a superior stay and a great nights sleep.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had our wedding here on Saturday 7th everything was excellent cant fault the staff or wedding planner rebecca all so helpful hidden gem this hotel as for vera below your talking crap it was my wedding all my guests including myself left at 12.30 and the room was locked up so not sure who's wedding your on about. We also had a small party and very chilled music we had a job getting people dancing. There was 2 parties that night but what do you expect from a hotel in middle stoke that caters for parties? I'd go a b & b vera next time could point you in right direction you miserable bag.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Neill2109, General Manager at Best Western Stoke on Trent City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Catherine B

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely 5* review following on from your wedding with us here at Best Western Stoke City Centre Hotel.
I am delighted your wedding was such a memorable day for you both, I know Rebecca and the team will be thrilled to receive such glowing feed back.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon, Wishing you all the very best for your future life together.