Quality Inn
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
$83
PremierInn.com
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
$70
$47
$45
Borough Arms Hotel(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
$67
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central(Newcastle-under-Lyme)(Great Value!)
$42
Travelodge
Plough Motel(Stoke-on-Trent)
$41
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
$82
Agoda.com
$71
PremierInn.com
1,287 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomtown centrefree car parkleisure clubbad reviewsexcellent value for moneynightlifepotteries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Although the hotel was dated, I thought that the room was exceptionally clean and the staff pleasant enough, however our room was at the front overlooking a club, and takeaway and we were awake on the hour every hour by the noise coming from the street below, late night revellers, numerous taxis peeping, fights an absolute nightmare, and to make things even worse we had to keep the windows open as the heating system was like something from the last century.
We complained to reception but was not in the least bit interested.

Room Tip: Dont book a room on the front
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stevencook2014
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for posting your recent review.

I am sorry to read that your stay was spoiled by street noise on Saturday night, particularly from private hire vehicles and their clients. I am in discussion with the local authorities regarding this matter with a view to resolving the issue.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights. On different occasions. All booked via Late Rooms.com
The Receptionists are all very polite. The first room I was given was not nice at all. There was a nasty smell of cigarette smoke. The rooms itself was dated and a little tatty. The lights wouldn't work. I informed the receptionist, who immediately, allocated me a different room. What a nice surprise. The room was much nicer, cleaner looking and quite modern. There was fresh bedding and towels. Gleaming white, which is always nice. The tv had most various channels. An iron and ironing board and hair dryer were in the room. Tea and coffee making . The room was nice and quiet. The second check in ~ I was given yet again a lovely twin room. Unfortunately, there seemed to be a loud party going on in the next room. This disturbed my sleep. When I mentioned it to the receptionist. She said that I should have rang reception and they would have dealt with the noise. - The third check in. Again . I was given a lovely room, opposite them gym. I think this room was was by far the largest. I did use the gym on this occasion. The gym is fully equipped but slightly dated. I also felt, the gym needed cooling down a bit, as I struggled with the heat. But on the whole, a great facility. The swimming pool was close by and looked very inviting. The staff member in the gym was very helpful too. Back to the room. The rooms had heating with temperature control. I am quite nesh but the room was hot enough for me. The shower worked well and the bath took seconds to fill. Nice when your in a rush. The bathroom had heated towel rack. There is an ironing room on the second floor if you are not supplied an iron in your room. Fourth check in. The room was not so nice but was very clean. A little dated. The radiator didn't work. So I informed the receptionist, who immediately supplied a portable electric heater. The room soon became warmer. On the whole. A nice hotel with helpful staff. A little dated but provided everything you should need.

Room Tip: Ask to see a couple of rooms. Don't just accept the first room you are given. The rooms do differ quite considerably. Not all are supplied with trouser press, iron , hair dryer and good heating.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank jacquelinebrierwood
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your comments following your four stays here at the Quality Hotel.

We are pleased to read that overall each visit has been enjoyable, and that you found the team here to be friendly, helpful and responded to your requests.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

First things first - I am spectacularly easy to please. I only wanted a bed for the night and I'm generally happy with a very basic set-up. Provided I have a clean bed and a shower, you have to be trying quite hard to upset me. This hotel managed it.

It is horribly dated and not the cleanest place. Not a problem. The bed was very uncomfortable. Not a problem. The furniture and TV were both broken. Again not a problem. Staff wandering into your room without knocking when you're stark naked? Very much a problem. They didn't even knock. I received a pitiful apology and, because my room was so cupboard-like, I can only assume that this was a room that was not used very often - where the staff generally went to hide (or sleep?) during the day.

On the upside, the staff were reasonably friendly - if stressed up to their eyeballs - but a lack of privacy in a hotel is completely unforgivable. I'm only glad I got this room on LateRooms at a discounted price of £43 (I'd have been better off pitching a tent), because if they'd attempted to charge me the full £100 for this tiny little box of a single-bedded room, I would have laughed in their faces.

I also had difficulty checking out because the receptionist was too busy on the phone. Considering I'd paid on arrival and had spent a grand sum of nothing during my stay, this was mightily annoying. Given that someone had walked in on me, I also expected there to have been a mix-up with room allocation, but it seems the offending member of staff had simply not bothered to check there was someone in the room. Worrying.

I didn't bother with breakfast. I didn't trust them to get anything right by that point.

If you have no inhibitions regarding nudity or fears about what might happen next, then this is the hotel for you. Otherwise, might I suggest you avoid it like the plague.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank C R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your recent review.

I am sorry to read of the problems you experienced and will instigate corrective training in order to avoid a repeat of such incidents.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We went for a friends wedding. There were only suits left and it cost over £100 and it was terrible. Paper coming off the walls, TV channels hardly worked, room was stuffy, drinks ridiculously expensive (plus the bar in the wedding reception area was more expensive than the other bars in the same building which seems unfair) , place was dingy and food average. Considering they are opening a premier inn across the road this place needs to improve fast!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steph B
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Steph B,

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor,

I'm shocked withy your comments about the Suite, would you be able to let know which room you were in as we have 5 suites and they have all been recently refurbished.

You state you paid over £100 for the room, that must have been a late booking I would suggest booking early to gain one of our discounted rates.

All comments are taken on board

Many Thanks

Matt Roddy
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I booked four twin rooms at the Quality Hotel last weekend. I was one of a team of 8 players attending a two day weekend poker tournament at the Genting Casino across the road from the hotel. The hotel has a lovely big car park with free parking which is nice. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The room was a decent size with the high ceilings that you'd expect in an older building. It was clean, the bedding was fresh and the bathroom was fine. I've only got one moan and that's the noise.... we returned to the hotel at 2.30am and it was bedlam. There was a crowd of revellers huddled in the porch outside the front door of the hotel, none of whom were guests. My room was pretty much above the front door and overlooked the kebab shop opposite where there was a crowd of people making a hell of a din. For the next 60-90 minutes it was all screaming and shouting and tyre-squealing. I appreciate that none of this is the fault of the hotel or it's staff, and I'd certainly stay here again but I'd definitely recommend asking for a room well away from the main road.

Room Tip: Rooms which overlook the main road can be noisy at weekends.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ian S

Dear Ian S

Many thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor,

I have passed your comments onto Reception and Housekeeping teams,

With Regards to the noise outside, Thank you for your understanding that this is out of our control, we have lodged a few complaints with the Council and these are being looked into;

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Poker Event

Regards