“What a day and night!”

Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We decided to hold our Wedding Reception at the hotel on 13 August 2011 and from the start the Wedding Co-Ordinator Leanne Hall could not do enough for me. Down to the very last fine detail everything was perfect. The staff and food were astounding and our Toast Master for the day Margaret Hill ensured that everything ran smoothly. Leanne suggested that I use Wedding Rooms within the hotel to arrange decor and colour schemes etc - it was marvellous the way things had been decorated and brought tears to my eyes. Friends and family stayed at the hotel and found the hotel rooms very clean and comfortable. - The staff accommodating with any of their requests. Fortunately, I was able to have my hair done by the hairdressers onsite at the hotel which eased the pressure on me on the day of our BIG event. I cannot thank the Management and staff at The Quality Hotel enough for the professionalism.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Cynic43
Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed August 12, 2011

my stay at this hotel was for buisness. i spent 10 days at this hotel and had to change rooms 4 times, mainly because of the bathrooms with showers not working properly. the rooms were basicl and needed soom updating. the food at this hotel which is supposed to be a 3* rating was not up to scratch, i have never stayed in a 3* hotel which has theme nights like you have with the local pub. one shining light was the staff who tried to make my stay as best they could. overall this hotel needs much improvement ti update its rooms and restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank phill_sarah
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed in this hotel as we were going to a wedding just outside Stoke. We tied it in with a trip to Trentham Estate/Monkey Forest and Tamworth Castl which are both highly recommended.

The hotel itself is fine, nothing special but clean, comfy and had everything we needed. It is right next to a massive 24hr Tesco and a Sainsburys which is handy if you haven't time for a proper sit down meal in their restaurant (which we didn't try, but the menu looked really nice). The pool/sauna is also great and more than you'd expect for such a cheap hotel. The only drawback was being woken up a couple of times in the night by drunk and extremely rowdy guests - but then that's the price you pay for staying in a very cheap hotel near the main clubbing part of town on a Saturday night.

All in all great value, it seemed like we got a lot for our money - especially when you think it cost us the same (in fact a little less) than a Travelodge or similar. Definitely better than Travelodge quality anyway!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J04NN4
Reviewed August 10, 2011

while at alton towers i rang just to make sure we were booked in. however when we arrived our booking was in for the next day, we eventually got 2 rooms - but on opposite sides of hotel.booked a table in restaurant and were only offered burnt dried food, went to bar to get barfood which was out the freezer, we were put opposite a takeaway on on busy road, so did not get any sleep. breakfast was fine, instead of continuing up to morcombe and kendal - we just went home to get some rest.

Room Tip: dont bother here
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian L
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Having read the usual reviews about this hotel - and it being part of a "Cheap Trip" with Travelstyle I was pleasantly surprised by the Hotel - I got to stay in Room 501 - Milton Rooms at the back on the ground floor.
Bathroom and Bedroom (twin) was roomy and comfortable.
Vouchers for a £1 off drinks in the bar were a nice touch - £2.60 for a pint tho! bearing in mind you have a good half a dozen pubs/bars etc around the hotel you have plenty of choice for alternatives.
I would recommend the bar - Very hard working member of staff - chatty and friendly.

Meals as part of our package were adequate , Breakfast fine - might have to make more than one trip to get everything you want - BUT i got the whole deal for £79 including trips/travel/accomodation so in reality I have nothing to grumble about !!!!!!!!

Busy / Hectic / and fellow guest s said as there was a wedding , in the main part of the hotel there was some noise - would I stay again? for what I paid YES - bargain

Room Tip: Quiet ask for the milton rooms- if ok about stairs ask 1st floor then no problem with having windows...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank psw64
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel a couple have times now and it has always been ok for what weve wanted, good location for going to alton towers and perfect for a night out afterwards. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly. We did have a few problems on this occasion but they were all sorted out quickly and efficiently. Will be staying here again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sussexgirl1983
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at the Quality Inn for 2 nights, a week ago and I was shocked. the hotel is located in the centre of town which is noisy and busy. On arrival I was shocked to find a "GentleMen's Club" directly opposite.....It did not state this on the website, not a place you really want to see when you have to 8year olds.
The reception staff were also rude and very unwelcoming. They did not explain anything just simply handed your room card over. No explaining the carpark meter or where the bar, restaurant or pool was.
Got to the room.......And all words STOP!!! SHOCKING!!!
It was stated as a double room, on entering it had a double bed squished into a small room with a small window letting in no light and 6other rooms looked directly into our room. The furniture was very old, dark and oppressive. The curtains and cushions were very grubby. The television was help together with black tape and the remote didn't even work so you had to keep getting up to switch the TV over. The bathroom, although attempts have been made to modernise so still not up to standard. Mould on the tiles, The shower curtain was red at the bottom ....ewwwwww!!
I rang reception and requested to be moved. I was told they were full booked. Then the manager rang back and said they had 3 rooms available. We were moved. The new room was slightly bigger, but the lovely big windows and natural light made all the difference. Although the ceiling had polystyrene tiles, which I am sure are a fire risk =O
My Parents and sisters had a family room and although they were in the newer part of the hotel, it still had faults. The children had a pull out sofa bed by the window and when I went to look out the safety bar that opens the window and just hanging off, not screwed in at all. Brilliant safety when they put childrens bed by the window =OOO not safe at all!!

We stayed on a BBD basis and on the 1st night we went down to the Restaurant 66 for dinner. You need to book, we booked for 8oclock. When we got there the waitress was fantastic so polite and welcoming....The receptionist would do to take a leaf out of her book. There was only a selection of 3 mains and when I approached the counter the chef said there was no Balti left and he wasn't making anymore. I couldn't believe my ears......8oclock and they didn't have anything to eat. The children on the other hand had a brilliant meal....Order off their menu I would.

The only redeeming feature was the breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is between 7am-9am, yet the later you go the restaurant is full and not many staff cleaning away the tables from previous diners. Its is Help Your Self and there was plenty of choice and the Chef was constantly replenishing the food.

We did not use the leisure facilities, but my partner is a lifeguard and he went down to have a nose and he said it looked clean and well kept.

Overall I was extremely disappointed in this hotel, I stayed at the Clarion in Cork, Ireland last year which a part of the ChoiceHotel Chain and it was fantastic and this hotel is nowhere near the standard I expected. The rude receptionists' and total lack of wanting to help did nothing for the atmosphere or satisfaction of the guests. The dated interior of the hotel and rooms was a disappointment. I location is good young people as you have shops and nightlife on your door step but it was very noisy for children and I had a job to sleep myself. I would never stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the outer of the hotel.......Inner rooms all face each other and every one looks d...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank S06tace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!