“Special Occasion”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I went to Gemini for our Anniversary and they made us feel very special. The meal was fantasic and the staff were delightful. We would definitely recommend this restuarant.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Not having dined in a restaurant on my own before, let alone Christmas day, it was with some trepidation I made my booking. I need not have worried, I was well looked after in this friendly restaurant and not once did I feel the 'odd one' being on my own, by the staff or other customers.
The meal, as always in Gemini's, was excellent, without fault. The Kir Royale and canapes were welcome whilst reading the menu, from which there was plenty to choose, not just the basics of a Christmas lunch. As usual, I had the salmon and prawn starter. The Turkey dinner, with plenty of vegetables was hot and succulent - the roast potatoes were lovely and crispy. As Christmas pudding, unfortunately, could not be managed, I chose the home-made ice creams (baileys, orange marmalade and rum & raisin) with fresh fruits, presented in a brandy basket (home-made, naturally!). Between courses was a refreshing strawberry and champagne sorbet and pre-dessert was a small, but lovely rhubarb mousse with a fresh rhubarb base. This was ended with a chocolate petit four and coffee.
Denise is a warm and friendly host and her staff very polite and efficient, especially the young man who was very professional throughout.
In all, very good value for money at £95.00 (other drinks were extra) and an excellent meal in every way. Well done and thank you!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

£25 seems to be the standard charge for a Christmas meal these days. The Gemini restaurant charges this amount but provides the "full works" for that. By that I mean canapes on arrival, bread rolls at the start of the meal, sorbet between courses. All that on top of three wonderful courses all of which are of higher quality than you would normally expect at this price. Throw in the wonderfully comfortable surroundings where you have plenty of space and a calm atmosphere and the whole experience is out of its league, especially at that price. Well done to Tom, Denise, Aravinder and the team.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I requested a menu to my own specification. (Canapes,smoked salmon/prawn/salad, sorbet, Beef Wellington, Dauphinoise potato, selection of fresh vegetables. Cold chocolate, rum souffle with raspberries, coffee and petit fours.) It was faultless; quality, presentation and service. Last minute special diet requests were dealt with effortlessly and with charm. Nothing was too much trouble for the chef, manager and staff. All my friends were so impressed that each one thanked the staff personally.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I this weekend visiting Gemini with our good neighbours for a 60 th birthday meal. I last visited some years ago was not overally impressed but this time WOW! From the moment we walked in the service was attentive, nothing too much trouble and very friendly. Next came the food. We all agreed this was probably the best meal out we have ever had. The steak, no matter how cooked was just melt in your mouth, and now i have well done and still the knife slide through efforteously. We had taken a cake for th birthday girl and this was brough out, lights dimmed and candles lit. Even though there was another 50 th birthday in the restaurant the atmosphere was lovely. I could go on but the whole evening was just superb and would highly recomment this restaurant to anyone. For £35 for canapes, home made bread, 3 courses and tea and coffee, you cannot complain. Well done Geminin. Will be coming back,