“Fabulous food, very good value and lovely friendly service”
Review of Gemini Restaurant - CLOSED

Gemini Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went here with a colleague last Wednesday evening. The restaurant was moderately busy but we had no problem getting a table without a booking. The welcome was very warm, we were quickly seated and given menus, our drink order was taken and arrived quickly along with a plate with two smoked salmon on bread squares and two cheese straws - very tasty.
There were two menus, the top one being the fixed price week day option - 3 courses for £15. The choices were all very appealing and I realise I did not even read the a la carte.
Lamb Pattie starters followed by Tilapia (white fish) with a beautiful light wine and cream sauce, new pots and green beans. My colleague had steak and kidney pud. Puddings of Elderflower creme fraiche brullee and panacotta - both delicious.
Service was friendly, efficient and unobstrusive, we were last to leave and at no point felt hurried. They add a reasonable 10% service charge to the bill.
*****Highly Recommended *****

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This restaurant is very cosy and intimate and although the menu is not extensive it has some nice choices. The tempura Prawns are always delicious as a starter. They also provide canapes whilst you are ordering and sorbet between the starter and main which are both really nice touches without sending the price of the meal sky high. In fact they now have a set priced menu which is very reasonable. In addition they have a Loyalty card which again is a nice tough.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

As soon as I walked in to the reception area I was met with a warm smile from the lady behind the bar. There was a comfortable waiting area but I elected to go straight to my table which was set with a linen tablecloth and napkin. Bottled bitter (London Pride) was available as well as the standard bottled lagers (San Miguel and Peroni). My beer arrived with an interesting selection of canapes. The set price three course menu looked good value but I went a la carte. Starter and main course were excellent with a sorbet in between. I don't do desserts but I nearly did here. Instead I opted for a second glass of the superb Rioja and noted how everyone else seemed to be thoroughly enjoying their meals. It was quite busy which made it a bit of a squeeze to get past a couple of the tables but the ambience was excellent as was the service. Pretty perfect!! Liked absolutely everything about the place.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is an intimate place with friendly staff - the food was of a good standard and I had a really good evening here...highly recommended!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Nice people, nice food at a reasonable price what more could you ask for! Probably not the place for a rowdy birthday party or a stag night but very, very charming...

Dean