“A secret jewel in Cape Town”
Review of Banksia Boutique

Banksia Boutique
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosebank
Munich
“A secret jewel in Cape Town”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

- Still a secret jewel in Cape Town!
- Very friendly and helpful staff and owner. Best customer service we had during our stay in South Africa!
- Spacious and very clean rooms
- Rooms are very nicely decorated, all perfectly matched with high quality furniture
- Boutique Hotel is very well maintained, has a nice garden and an indoor pool and jacuzzi
- Breakfast with fresh very ingredients and lots of choices
- Secure private parking
- New SPA with plenty of treatment offerings. Definitely a must during your stay!
- We will definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Johannes T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This lovely Boutique Hotel is nestled in a bird friendly suburb of Rosebank. We were greeted by name on arrival and after a short brief we were shown to our stunning room. Our room was luxuriously furnished, attended to every possible detail. We were very lucky to have chosen a quiet weekend and practically had the house to ourselves. The staff was always close by and attentive but did not encroach on our privacy.
We could have booked a spa treatment but found we did not have enough time for this. We will need to do so next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Denise B
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Even though I live 5km away, I stayed here the night before my wedding, as I wanted a change of scene and also it provided the space needed to get ready the next day. While the building is quite historic, most people don't know about this gorgeous hidden gem, so it is very peaceful. The gardens and rooms are immaculate - like an interior decorator's dream. I love that each room is unique, not cookie cutter duplications like in modern hotels.
The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating yet discreet. My husband and I also spent our first night here after the wedding, and found our room beautifully prepared for us, with rose petals and other romantic touches. This type of service really makes a place stand out from the mainstream.
Breakfasts are fantastic, with a vast selection from which to choose. The honour bar makes you feel that this is your own home - albeit a very glamorous one!
The recent addition of an onsite spa is a convenient bonus, and very reasonably priced.
While the bed linen was fantastic, the only reason I've compromised a star for sleep quality is that the atrium fountain was a little distracting. But beautiful!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, yet unique. It depends if you prefer bath or shower, want mountain view...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GlobalGirl78
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Based in Johannesburg, I have to travel around SA and to the UAE frequently.

I am a morning person and always up around 4:45am /5am

Staying at the Banksia made me realise that on some occasions it's ok to sleep late!

Wonderful atmosphere and friendly staff makes you wish for your share of the Euro lottery ! Just to move in permanently and live like a king.

Arrived at about 4pm on the day of the check-in and just decided to relax,at first nothing spectacular but all the small things helps with putting together a great puzzle!!

I set my alarm for 5:30am when I travel to ensure I don't miss my meeting, I am always up before the alarm and tends to reading the newspaper by the time it decides to warn me.
Why all the info??? At the Banksia I used my snooze button 4 times!!!!
All meetings for the following day was scheduled from 9:30 onwards!

I can honestly say..... THIS is the first Hotel/Guesthouse/Resort I really wanted to sleep longer and hug the pillows!

Only downside - No Kitchen for dinners (have to order via Mr Delivery)

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank BiggyC
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We used this hotel for an intimate 40th birthday celebration of friends on a Saturday when the hotel was really quiet. We were warmly received when we arrived and the staff were very friendly and professional. A beautiful array of food was presented to us. The rooms are beautifully decorated and clean. There is an indoor pool, jacuzzi and beautiful garden.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank naz632
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The decor and service are impeccable. The hotel is quiet and has a relaxed atmosphere. Paddington the resident kitty greets one upon arrival along with the manageress. The establishment has an indoor pool and eight tastefully decorated rooms.

Room Tip: Upstrairs rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lourens D
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I often stay at the Banksia when travelling to Cape Town, and it's of my favourite hotels. Personalised service and attention to detail add to the experience.

The hotel has tastefully decorated and (very important) spacious rooms. What I particularly like about the design is the wooden floors throughout. I stay in a lot of hotels and am usually suspicious of carpets and all they conceal.

The breakfast is always good, served beside an indoor swimming pool and garden.

If you're looking for a classy experience, this is it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandy d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosebank
City Bowl
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#5 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#78 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Southern Sun Newlands
#1 of 3 in Newlands
Vineyard Hotel
#2 of 3 in Newlands

Been to Banksia Boutique? Share your experiences!