“Rather expensive for the quality of the food and the service we got” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vernissage

Vernissage
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Penedo
Cuisines: Brazilian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Rather expensive for the quality of the food and the service we got”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I have been there after one of my Brazilian advised me and in fact it is a very nice place. Nevertheless, it is quite expensive and I am fine with it if nth service and food are worth the value.... But is was not the case and we informed the manager about this because food was good but not very good and service was very bad: forgetting the bread with the starter (which is specified in the menu) and the employees start fighting each other in front of Customers.... So I would not recommend this place.

6 Thank Franciely

Milwaukee, WI
“Romantic, distinctive, and wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I love to dine at Vernissage, which is located in the hills above the main tourist section of Penedo. Vernissage sits right next to a beautiful mountain creek. You can see hummingbirds and other woodland animals from your seat above the creek and hear the sound of the water as you dine. It's romantic

The food is distinctive and not at all typical of restaurants in Brazilian tourist regions. The dishes combine flavors from Brazilian fruits and nuts with traditional European meats (esp. rabbit and duck). Tonight we had filet mignon with Dijon sauce and cassoulet ( a French stew of duck, sausage, and white beans), both really excellent. The wine list is first rate and has wine at lots of different price levels.

One of the treats of visiting Vernissage is the personality of the owners, Franklin Guanabarino and Venicio Foresti. They both circulate among the tables, greeting everyone and creating a great ambience. Their servers really pay attention to you in a way that makes an American like me feel great.

• Visited July 2013