“Superb steak”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Okay, so Al’s Place won’t be winning any awards for interior decorating but it far outweighs anything it lacks in style, with superb food and the best service I’ve ever had at a restaurant in Cape Town.

The manager/waitress was serving all five tables on a Friday lunchtime (including two big ones, with over six patrons) with an ease, friendliness and efficiency like I’ve never seen. She was brilliant.

I had a sirloin, which was perfectly cooked - rare and tender and the meals are served with a generous portion of yummy vegetables (always an extra ten points in my book).

This place is a little gem, tucked away behind Rondebosch station.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Lovely evening, food beautifully prepared and served elegantly.
Al always present and managing well.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 20, 2019

Not in the least sophisticated but with attentive service. The food is good. We had the line fish and veggies, well cooked and tasty, and a burger with a good char and crispy fries. Pricing is reasonable.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 1, 2019

We visited Als Place last night for a birthday supper. We have been there before, so know the food is consistently good and the service excellent. When I called to make the reservation, I told them one of our party is in a wheelchair. When our guests arrived, the staff went out of their way to help to get the lady out of the car and in to the wheelchair. Then they made sure she was settled comfortably at the table, even giving her a cushion for her bad leg. Service beyond the call of duty!!

Of course, the service was great, Lee-Anne was lovely as always. The food was great, not one complaint from 8 fairly fussy eaters.

Will always recommend Al's and will be back soon.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 26, 2018

We got pizza to takeaway here as we were staying closeby. It has a really nice vibe inside and I would like to go back and eat in. It was very quiet at the time but I think we were there quite early in the evening.

Date of visit: March 2018