“Superb restaurant - superb food”

Ristorante da Massimo
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2018

Have dined here before a couple of years ago and so glad we revisited. This is a large restaurant that is situated on the main road of Collevalenza. It is used heavily by locals and it's easy to see why - the food is first class. Can recommend the sharing anti pasta platter, and the chingale (wild boar). Dishes are priced well as is the wine.
Highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank RobnRita
Write a reviewReviews (475)

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Local food at it's best c/w an array of excellent local wines at extraordinary non expensive dishes... The BEST Tortallini with cream and Truffel we've tasted..
Our local (Todi) friend and redident strongly suggested that we dine here and was clearly not dissapointed. There are a number of dishes that needs to be experienced, unfortunately we do not have time this trip?
Their Profiteroles are to die for ....

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

I came to umbria for my wedding and wow me and my best man ate here for lunch and dinner on the days we were staying. My only regret is that I didn't try the mixed grill. But I have to say it was some of the best food I have ever had. The flavours and portions were amble and the cost was minimal. If you want to experience true Umbrian cuisine look no further. This is a must stop if you are in the area.

Date of visit: June 2017
3  Thank Darkade_19
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

Visited with an friend who is resident in the area, who recommended we visit to sample the locally reared pork, steak and lamb. So the mixed grill it was, but be careful they don't do small portions, even the pasta second course would be classed as a main-size portion anywhere else. The restaurant rear all their own animals, and the results are outstanding. The local house wine is perfect to wash down the meat-fest. If you love meat you must visit. The only down side is you need a car.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 9, 2016

Local meat. Local wine. Local courtesy. Silence e peace. Good food at very convenient prices. You need a car to reach it. Few public means.

Date of visit: March 2016