We stayed here for 2 nights and loved it. We crossed over on the ferry and immediately the landscape changed into rain forest.
We stayed in Cedar Lodge, one of 7 and were enchanted by it as soon as we arrived. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was located through sliding doors from the bedroom. There was a partially glass ceiling,which really made us aware we were in the middle of a rain forest. Although there was no TV reception there were lots of DVDs to watch if necessary and also lots of books. Tea and coffee make facilities in the room.
Our hosts, Ben, Jake and Mel were very welcoming and easy to talk to. Jake tried so hard to book us onto a river trip, but each one either was full or didn't run the day we needed to go. He kept trying various ones and nothing was too much trouble. Ben was very kind and interesting to talk to.
The food was delicious, in a lovely half open dining room, located in the main lodge. We saw the resident Cassowary, which really made our visit here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your cabin is tucked away with complete privacy and is surrounded by the natural beauty of the rainforest.With only 7 cabins we offer boutique style accommodation with friendly and personalized service.The property also offers an outdoor pool, nature walk and fully licensed restaurant spoiling you with Australian Cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Daintree Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Wilderness Hotel Diwan
- Daintree Wilderness Lodge Daintree Region, Australia