“just what i needed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Diwan
Prema Shanti Yoga & Meditation Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Diwan B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2013

my first stay and certainly not my last. i really needed some time away from the crazy busy life i lead in the city, and a nosiy very young family, some time to connect with myself, my health, my well being and my mind and spirit. Prema Shanti affored me all of this, with the incredible ancient and wondrous Daintree rainforest as the best sub plot ever. Mara and janardhan are wonderful hosts, from the moment i arrived i felt completely at ease and relaxed in their presence and in the beautiful home and temple they have so lovingly built and shared. I have never felt 'able' to meditate but after one 30 minute session with Janardhan i was actually getting somewhere. Both are fantastic yoga instructors, and although i have had a yoga practice going since i was a teenager i was quite rusty, and after 6 days felt better than i have for so long. i felt the classes were challenging, and intereseting and really fun! can we talk about the food? delicious, so glad Mara has a little book available of her tasty receipes to take home and try to replicate... I brought up too many books and of course read only one of my own and two from the Prema Shanti library... i also really enjoyed how much the pace and atmosphere changed with other guests arrivals and departures, it really is such a variable atmosphere and one that is very organic. The local water hole is incredible, something from a dream. The entire area is so beautiful, its almost hard to believe that its not a dream! sometimes, although it was the height of the busy season, i would find myself on the most incrdeible beaches, with not a soul to be seen.
Sea kayaking with a hammerhead shark rearing out of the ocean was a pretty crazy moment, one of the most exilerating esperiences of my life! As far as the accomodations go i really loved the back to basics approach, with the emphasis on water and energy conservation. my little room was my own, private and an oasis of sleep, i havent slept this well for ever! I cant wait to return... Thank you Prema Shanti x

1  Thank Motherbetty
There are newer reviews for Prema Shanti Yoga & Meditation Retreat

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here a few times in the past 10 years and love that every time i am welcomed with open arms. Its always a pleasure to go back. The hosts Mara and Janardan are warm and encouraging. I wanted a place where i could focus on my wellbeing and practice my yoga and meditation. I found it. The yoga is catered for all levels of experience so wether your new at yoga and meditation or an old soul you will be looked after.
Accommodation is clean and very zen surrounded by world heritage forrest. A perfect place to switch off and find your peace. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Prema Shanti is a very special and peaceful place, surrounded by nature with no distractions from the external world. The accommodation reflects Mara and Janardhan's love and respect for the environment. It is solar-powered, energy-conserving and water conscious. Prema Shanti offers the opportunity to spend time with yourself - allowing you to explore yourself on a deeper level made possible with daily yoga and meditation, plenty of reading material and space to be quiet.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have travelled the globe and what Prema Shanti offered me was such a unique holiday. Being in the heart of the rainforest with no hustle and bustle was so invigorating for the soul. The daily rituals of meditation and yoga classes, which catered for all levels, were of a high standard and completed this truly spiritual experience. I will definitely be going back there soon……..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just returned from my 5th visit to my favourite yoga retreat.As always the hosts were warm and welcoming and catered to my needs as i expand my yoga practice. Its such a natural and environmentally conscious retreat and i always leave with wisdom and love in my heart. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Welcoming & blissful.
Easy & flowing...just follow the path set out by owners Mara & partner Jahgarten. Guided meditation & Yoga for beginners to more advanced...just ask.
Happy to be surrounded by rainforest & spectular water holes with love veggie meals. Expand the mind...very happy to have encounted this path...

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DrKarinaSpicer
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

A great place for a few days if you are looking to extend your yoga practice. Food was tasty and well prepared, rooms quite basic, but you only sleep in them, so ok. Visited by cassowary on site, so real bonus there. Look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank johnrod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diwan
Daintree EcoLodge & Spa
#2 of 13 in Cape Tribulation
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
#1 of 5 in Cape Tribulation

Been to Prema Shanti Yoga & Meditation Retreat? Share your experiences!