“Great would stay again - offer good packages for families.”

Novotel Auckland Ellerslie Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Greenlane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Took a while to find this hotel as the sat nav took us a few streets away. The night we stayed was great. The bar was full and had a great atmosphere. We decided to dine last minute and selected the buffet dinner. There were people seated next to us that selected the a la carte and due to a busy night they waited over an hour for there meal. The buffet diner was great and reasonably priced. Our hotel package also included full buffet breakfast and the chef can also cook your eggs the way you like them! The only thing to mention is that the parking is free and wont run out of parking spaces as it is next to a huge racecourse. After dinner we decided to go for a drive to Mt Eden and the brisk walk to our car was okay but it isn't very well lit up.l!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
NAE_Manager, Manager at Novotel Auckland Ellerslie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit to our hotel. I have passed your comments on to the Acacia Garden Bar team. They were excited to see the work they've put in, to ensuring the bar provides a great atmosphere for guests, is showing. We also have measures in place to ensure the waiting times in our restaurant are minimised.

Once again, thank-you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

We travelled for the NRL (Warriors vs. Sharks) and had a ball

The hotel was lovely, and was more than large enough for my mate and I. The fact 2 double beds were provided was a huge plus

Short train or taxi into the city, zoo, Mount Smart and Mount Eden stadiums meant the location was very good

Front desk reception very efficient and the young girl (who I'm sorry I cannot remember) who helped me with directions to Mt Eden stadium was great

The main attraction here for us was the hotel bar. After the union game we came back to enjoy a great night with the bar staff. Stevie was a great laugh and Leroy was amazing throughout, helping us with drinks, food, directions and even offered to show us around after his shift was finished. Cannot rap Leroy enough. Shame the 3rd young guy on the bar was so arrogant and rude, btu I def urge you to hit the bar and ask for Stevie or Leroy

All up, had a great time, and cannot praise this hotel or the staff (minus the one) enough. Thanks guys, will be back next time the Sharkies come to town

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel. I will pass on your comments to the Acacia Garden Bar team, and I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see your feedback. I have also noted your comments regarding one particular team member and appreciate your honesty, as it gives us the opportunity to address this with the team.

Once again thank-you and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed at the Ellerslie Novotel, both times to get some peace and quite to do some writing. This stay was on an 'early bird' special which included room & breakfast for around $110 a night, and I stayed for two nights, as I was so happy with the time I spent there last time. Again, perfect for my needs - spaious room with everything I could want. Housekeeping attended to any requests I had promptly, while respecting the fact that I'd specifically asked not to have my room serviced. Check in and check out were both smooth and efficient, and the initial booking was also pleasantly handled. Breakfast was splendid, and really more than enough for the day, and although I didn't use the bar, it definitely looked appealing. I'd thoroughly recommend the Ellerslie Novotel for anyone travelling on business who doesn't need to be right in town, and leisure travellers who don't require extensive hotel amenities but do want a bit of space and comfort at the end of the day.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful feedback and to know we were able to make a lasting impression on one of guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Booked 2 rooms (2 couples) on Internet for an early bird special rate, which included Buffet Breakfast. We arrived in the evening and found the carpark attached to the Hotel
( as mentioned by other travellers) was a bit of an issue, it was full but waited a while and fortunately someone was leaving so was able to park in the Novotel area. The parking across from the Novotel (gate 3) is available for guests for free should the Hotel one be full. In the evening its quite dark on that side, the receptionist informed us on checking in that it is patrolled by security staff.
Our rooms were on 3rd floor, Superior King one facing the Hotel carpark, one facing the main highway, but this did not detract, as the rooms were very quite,clean and adequate.
We decided to have dinner at a local restaurant in Parnell, which was extremely good value, La Porchetta, Italian Pizzas, Pastas's etc. Most entree's approx $10-$12.00, and mains $13-$20.00, it was very busy when we got there but the staff were extremely accomodating and we waited approx 10mins to be seated.Obviously a very popular place with the locals.
Breakfast at the Hotel was more than sufficient, plenty of choice from fresh fruit to cooked food. We all enjoyed the selection and were very satisfied with the hotel service and staff.
Over all the Hotel was good value and would definatley stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel. I was glad to see you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 17, 2010

My family, 2 adults and two children, stayed at Novotel for two nights over long weekend. The staff were very frinedly and helpful with excellent service and the rooms were a nice layout. The hotel is best suited for those who are busy during the day out as there are minimal in house activities and facilities to do that keeps kids entertained.

Unfortunatley there was a unpleasant smell coming from the floor drain in the bathroom and both the queen sized double beds had lumpy uneven mattresses which made for an uncomortable sleep. The breakfast buffet had everything however it was a bit bland with mass produced food items. I made note on these in the feedback form and recevied a call from the manager approx 2 weeks afterwards saying they will rectify these issues. I would recommend this hotel only if these are resolved.

Very good on price as we won an online sella.co.nz auction for the two night package for approx $150 for both nights including breakfast. Had we paid normal price of $459 I do not think this would have been good value.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2010

On arrival had to find the off site car park across the road at the racecourse (no charge, but not very convenient).

Clean, comfortable and quiet, with friendly staff.

Our not too expensive beef burger bar meal was of excellent quality. Fairly standard buffet breakfasts. A pleasant stay, apart from the car park.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This was the third stay at this hotel for me. The rooms cean and the service is of a standard what you would expect from a Novotel hotel. The check-in staff are efficient and friendly.
What I do not like about this hotel is the restaurant and in particular the quality of the food. I have tried the a la carte menu, the standard buffet, the Friday night seafood buffet and all were well below par. The buffets are terrible.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenlane
0 mi away
#14 of 66 in Auckland Central
Crowne Plaza Auckland
Crowne Plaza Auckland
#10 of 66 in Auckland Central

Been to Novotel Auckland Ellerslie Hotel? Share your experiences!